It is almost a month since I last wrote, and it seems to happen that way so often. Before I know it life happens and a whole month goes by. This time, between sickness and computer failures, well... you know how it goes. There are deep thoughts in my heart that I don´t even have the time to post here, but they are recorded in my journal, for sure. Daddy is away and we´re sick. As it goes when you´re alone, we have broken things, we haven´t slept well. Tempers fly, repentance ensues, and forgiveness follows.
When the house is quiet and everyone is asleep I am even more aware of his absence. Temptation creeps in to resent, to be mad, to be sorry for myself... he is there, where we were all supposed to have been! It is so not fair!, but then I remember that this life, after all, is not about me. It is ALL about HIM. His kingdom, His work, His love, His life. Ben is away but we are both doing kingdom work, we are both being loved in the same perfect way and we both have life abundant because of a day like yesterday and, better yet, because of a day like tomorrow. Today we wait... we wait like they did. Except a couple thousand years ago they may not have really known what they were waiting for. WE DO! And if in light of that I couldn´t possible sit and feel sorry for myself. I won´t deny it has been hard. It may not get easier tonight and the days following... or it may. But I have so much more to be thankful for!
So this is what is going on with us:
This face continues to be the most adorable baby face around here!
Laying down is not her favorite thing, and is fighting gravity and her own body to try and stay up. It is the cutest thing!
Chubby hands that attach themselves these days to anything that comes their way. My favorite: when she reaches for my face, or when those little fingers purposely curl around mine!
Needless to say how much she is loved around here.
Our four year old has proudly (and finally) been willing to learned how to make her bed!
And her brother thinks posing with your bed is the thing to do!We find ways to be distracted... let me present to you "our swing"
wind could not deter the adventurous spirit!I just love their going ons!
We color on boxes...
and we watch for Spring
and while we´re sick and daddy is away:
We play with our dinner:
We make corporate efforts to make comforting foods, one mixes the dry stuff
another mixes the topping
and some of us are just plain cute
Dinner art
Comfort foods: Gooey Chocolate Pudding Cake!




















3 comments:
Beautiful! Much love to you, and your precious little ones...Giselle is adorable. Hang in there this week...I'm praying for you. xo
Great pics honey! I'll be home sooner than you can sing supercalifragilisticexpialidocious backwards...I love you!
Love the pictures! Makes me feel moments in your life. Giselle really looks squeezable soft! Love those eyes! But really what caught my eye is Ben's tongue while coloring the box! My brothers did this and so did his daddy! (I don't think the monster maul incident deterred this habit) I can't wait to see you in a month! Kisses and hugs!
Post a Comment