Saturday, October 27, 2007

Mushrooms

As most of you know, I grew up in the city. Seeing mushrooms grow in your yard was a very rare occurrence. The very few times it happened, we'd find a tiny specimen that would almost require a microscope to appreciate. So I find myself quite intrigued by the appearance of these humongous monsters in our yard! Bear with me, please, as I post these pics for the amazement of my fellow city-folk!

This one was the first we saw in September.


Now this one we found a couple weeks ago and decided to leave it to see how far it grew.
The girls and I went to check on it yesterday to find that it was getting mushy and yellow, so our ideas of kicking it were quickly discouraged and we just took a couple pictures for my mom and our own amusement.

And this one I took for reference to the size... look at the size of that monster!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOLY COW!!! I live in the COUNTRY & that is ONE HUGE 'SHROOM! WOW!?!

Anonymous said...

Keila, Ask Ben if those are the mushrooms that turn into "puffballs." If that happens, your girls are in for a sight!