As mentioned in the previous post, having a functional bathroom downstairs have certainly brought potty training closer to a reality for our little Elena. Needless to say, it has been an adventure as we try to avoid accidents and encourage the use of the "toilet". Forgive my candor in sharing the details but as usual I am trying to record the memories of our little life.
* She has no problem going "pipi" on the toilet but for some reason "kinkies" (for stinkies) is just not happening. A few months ago, when I realized she was working in filling her diapers and thought of taking a chance I asked: "Sweetie, do you want to go kinkies in the toilet?" To which she replied: "Mami, I am not going kinkies, there's a squirrel in my tummy!"
For clarity sake, my daughter is convinced that her "tummy" is her bottom.
* Her newest one, if I inquire if she wants to go kinkies in the toilet in an attempt to avoid changing soiled underwear she simply says: "I'm not kinkies, Mami, I'm just popping!"
* After a day of attempts I decided to buy flushable wipes. I offered her to go and she declined by saying: "My tummy don't work right now, Mami". But when she realized that I wasn't going to let her use the new wipes she said: "Mama, you help my tummy push kinkies... pweeease!"
* Her most favorite one is "I have to go peep masef!"
* On another note (nothing to do with potty training), she has been processing the whole last name thing. Several times a day she'll be found saying: "I Nena Faip Nenduiky; Adwiana, you Adwiana Hope Nenduiky; Mama you Keya Nenduiky; Papi Pato Ben Nenduiky"
* She has no problem going "pipi" on the toilet but for some reason "kinkies" (for stinkies) is just not happening. A few months ago, when I realized she was working in filling her diapers and thought of taking a chance I asked: "Sweetie, do you want to go kinkies in the toilet?" To which she replied: "Mami, I am not going kinkies, there's a squirrel in my tummy!"
For clarity sake, my daughter is convinced that her "tummy" is her bottom.
* Her newest one, if I inquire if she wants to go kinkies in the toilet in an attempt to avoid changing soiled underwear she simply says: "I'm not kinkies, Mami, I'm just popping!"
* After a day of attempts I decided to buy flushable wipes. I offered her to go and she declined by saying: "My tummy don't work right now, Mami". But when she realized that I wasn't going to let her use the new wipes she said: "Mama, you help my tummy push kinkies... pweeease!"
* Her most favorite one is "I have to go peep masef!"
* On another note (nothing to do with potty training), she has been processing the whole last name thing. Several times a day she'll be found saying: "I Nena Faip Nenduiky; Adwiana, you Adwiana Hope Nenduiky; Mama you Keya Nenduiky; Papi Pato Ben Nenduiky"
1 comment:
Your girls are so cute!
I thought that you'd like to know that if you ask Gabe what his name is, he says "Joshua ... Gabriel .... Falco!" and Evan is "Evan Siah Falco"
Post a Comment