Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Unsual, timely and always faithful!

Lately I have seen the hand of the Lord move in unusual, timely and faithful ways, not only in my own life, but in others. It is always so refreshing to remember how personal He is. Let me tell you about my own little miracles.

This month is Ben´s birthday and upon returning from Guatemala it was quite discouraging to realize there was no money in the budget for a gift. Now, of course, anyone would have thought along these lines: "Lord, how could I even begin to doubt you. We didn´t have money to go to Guatemala to begin with and not only did you provide the tickets but money came our way throughout the trip to provide for the expenses while we were there. We even brought money home instead of having to spend from our already tight budget. So I trust and I know that you will provide to bless my husband on his special day!" Well, not me. I pouted, fought, cried and wallowed about the whole thing. A few days ago I was taking the girls to play with the cousins and stopped at the post office on the way. I saw an envelope from a dear friend and got excited to hear from her. It looked like a card. I love getting mail, so very excitedly I tucked it in my pocket, got the girls back in their car seats and drove off to Dee´s. Keeping the card in my pocket kind of made it last longer and build up the anticipation as to what my friend had to say. Upon pulling into her driveway I parked and took the card out. In a couple of seconds I was crying my heart out as I read her words AND the check enclosed. That´s right. She was telling me how blessed she has been lately and how she wanted to share that blessing with me... me... of all people! The check was written for more than enough money for a birthday gift, party and all the works!

The second one. Monday night I couldn´t sleep. I tossed and turned and my mind was racing with thoughts and thoughts and thoughts about everything and the next thing. Little projects around the house kept popping up in my head and I finally decided to get up and write them down. As it would happen, in the darkness I could not find one single pen or pencil to jot my thoughts down. I was getting increasingly frustrated because I didn´t want to wake anyone up. Why couldn´t I just find a pen and get things into paper, off my brain and get some sleep? Well, I didn´t find a pen but in my desperation I did find a crayon... a water crayon, that is. Resourceful as I am, I made do. Got the water running in the bathroom sink, got the crayon wet and wrote my little list on the bathroom mirror!!! The next morning my husband thought I went psychotic, but that´s beside the point. At any rate, one of the things I wrote (and twice) was to get some nice posters for the girls. Nothing complicated, just something that can be put at their sight level and that would dress the bare walls I´m getting tired to look at.

So Tuesday morning I took the girls to Wal*mart. When we were done shopping I put the groceries in the cart, packed together with little girls and was trying to get my wallet in order as I pushed the cart trying to get out of the store. An elderly gentleman stopped me before reaching the exit and said: "I have these for you" as he handed me a bunch of paper. Still trying to pull everything together I looked back at him and he said: "It´s just pictures, I get them from magazines. Keep the ones you like and get rid of the rest." Still confused I thanked him and went away. After settling in the car I went through the papers he´d given me. Won´t you know that although they aren´t real posters, they have nice enough pictures that I can even rotate for the girls while I can get the real nice stuff that I´d like to put up?

Just in case I was wondering how much attention He was paying...

1 comment:

Maureen said...

I just can't get over how attentive He is to our heart's cry. Thank you for praying.