Well, our plans this weekend were to attend a Valentine´s Day party and a Birthday party or two in addition to the regular weekend activities. For a season now I have really been craving some grown up socializing just for fun. It goes without saying that life with little ones leaves one needing time to just sit among adults, even if I can´t bring much to the conversation (or the table, for that matter) because I still haven´t gotten a hold of life. So I was very excitedly looking forward to these opportunities to share with loved ones, maybe interesting topics, maybe a few laughs, just a good time.
My weekend ended up looking quite differently from the refreshing time I´d envisioned. I had longer nights that usual with Adriana sick. Not only could I not make it to the parties I was looking forward to but not making it to church either! Adriana has been extremely testing because she probably has been feeling so poorly and it has made staying at home much more tiring and demanding than usual.
My heart is in a good place though, I know these days will pass sooner than later and there will always be parties to be attended and fun to be had. Now I only need a bit more patience to help my little girl deal with getting better!
My weekend ended up looking quite differently from the refreshing time I´d envisioned. I had longer nights that usual with Adriana sick. Not only could I not make it to the parties I was looking forward to but not making it to church either! Adriana has been extremely testing because she probably has been feeling so poorly and it has made staying at home much more tiring and demanding than usual.
My heart is in a good place though, I know these days will pass sooner than later and there will always be parties to be attended and fun to be had. Now I only need a bit more patience to help my little girl deal with getting better!
3 comments:
These are the days we can't really imagine before babies, but understand better after. I'm so happy you are finding the grace to be there in spite of the swirl of others things that could be done. You aren't there, but your presence is missed...not to make you feel bad, but to let you know that you are loved...and that Keila, you definitely are! xo (sorry for being such a mush...just can't help myself :))
Love you...I think it's the empathy welling up as we read your post that brings out the mush. :>) We know how you feel...and though it can feel lonely you are not alone! See you later~
This line made me laugh out loud:
"even if I can´t bring much to the conversation (or the table, for that matter)"
You are funny, Keila! :)
Ann
Post a Comment