

This is what my kitchen looks like any given meal prep lately. The minute I step into that corner of a kitchen to get food ready, three little people make themselves fit into the corner with me and constantly plead for me to let them help. That is the older ones, though as you can see the youngest is following really closely.
So here we are, another season almost gone and still feeling like I'm trying to tame this monster of life. I am trying, yet again, to establish a functional routine around here. In the meantime:
Elena's favorite topics of late are babies and food. She has become quite an enthusiast about cooking shows, especially those with "girls" (Giada DiLaurentis & Rachel Ray, namely though she'll tolerate Paula Dean & Ina Garten if there's no other girl on at any given time). Her viewing sessions are usually followed by a very eager desire to help cook and she has enjoyed it thoroughly. Her next favorite topic is babies as she doesn't fail to remind me at least once a day that we need to have a baby girl. She is very sweet to her baby brother and it is a joy to see her love on him and enjoy him so much.
Adriana happily follows suit with Elena but only while she gets a better idea. She is a wiggly girl who can't seem to sit still long enough for anything. She will sooner be done with a meal only because "it's taking too long" even when she really isn't done eating. She is constantly climbing and figuring out different ways to climb on couches, tables, or any other surface that looks exciting and challenging enough to climb. She is desperate to do the same things Elena does but usually doesn't have the patience to finish them. She loves to sing and dance and whenever they play, she is the one that makes all sorts of voices.
Little Ben is just a joy. He loves to be around his sisters and usually chases them around. He is cruising quite steadily and though he's still an avid and enthusiastic nurser he has become very interested in food. He wants to try everything! He is still my snuggle bug and his huge smile still brightens any day! My sweet boy is 9 months already and keeps me on my toes with the cleaning because he will inevitably find whatever I missed when sweeping and mopping!
Ben has completely recovered from his pinky fracture and is now trying to catch up with all the work he couldn't do around the house after his injury. I am ever so grateful for such a loving man. I love that he loves to spend time with us, I love that he loves to spend time with me!
I am still dragging along a bit. Apparently, I am bound to catch every bug my children catch, so this year I got Epstein Barr. It has drained me, just like mono, and so more often than not, I need a nap, a really early bed time or a really late wake up time. Usually the latter is what works best for us though naps are still a big part of my day. I'm not crazy about this but rather rest and drink plenty than having to take medications, so I'll take it. My back is doing better and I keep believing that some day, some day (as Elena would say) I will enjoy having the energy of a regular healthy human being! However, I am grateful that I can still enjoy my family and my children and that my "maladies" need nothing more than rest and patience.
We have seen the hand of God in miraculous provision. We are loved and know it, we are spoiled and forget it at times and we are constantly trying to remember to live our lives honoring Him!
So here we are, another season almost gone and still feeling like I'm trying to tame this monster of life. I am trying, yet again, to establish a functional routine around here. In the meantime:
Elena's favorite topics of late are babies and food. She has become quite an enthusiast about cooking shows, especially those with "girls" (Giada DiLaurentis & Rachel Ray, namely though she'll tolerate Paula Dean & Ina Garten if there's no other girl on at any given time). Her viewing sessions are usually followed by a very eager desire to help cook and she has enjoyed it thoroughly. Her next favorite topic is babies as she doesn't fail to remind me at least once a day that we need to have a baby girl. She is very sweet to her baby brother and it is a joy to see her love on him and enjoy him so much.
Adriana happily follows suit with Elena but only while she gets a better idea. She is a wiggly girl who can't seem to sit still long enough for anything. She will sooner be done with a meal only because "it's taking too long" even when she really isn't done eating. She is constantly climbing and figuring out different ways to climb on couches, tables, or any other surface that looks exciting and challenging enough to climb. She is desperate to do the same things Elena does but usually doesn't have the patience to finish them. She loves to sing and dance and whenever they play, she is the one that makes all sorts of voices.
Little Ben is just a joy. He loves to be around his sisters and usually chases them around. He is cruising quite steadily and though he's still an avid and enthusiastic nurser he has become very interested in food. He wants to try everything! He is still my snuggle bug and his huge smile still brightens any day! My sweet boy is 9 months already and keeps me on my toes with the cleaning because he will inevitably find whatever I missed when sweeping and mopping!
Ben has completely recovered from his pinky fracture and is now trying to catch up with all the work he couldn't do around the house after his injury. I am ever so grateful for such a loving man. I love that he loves to spend time with us, I love that he loves to spend time with me!
I am still dragging along a bit. Apparently, I am bound to catch every bug my children catch, so this year I got Epstein Barr. It has drained me, just like mono, and so more often than not, I need a nap, a really early bed time or a really late wake up time. Usually the latter is what works best for us though naps are still a big part of my day. I'm not crazy about this but rather rest and drink plenty than having to take medications, so I'll take it. My back is doing better and I keep believing that some day, some day (as Elena would say) I will enjoy having the energy of a regular healthy human being! However, I am grateful that I can still enjoy my family and my children and that my "maladies" need nothing more than rest and patience.
We have seen the hand of God in miraculous provision. We are loved and know it, we are spoiled and forget it at times and we are constantly trying to remember to live our lives honoring Him!
1 comment:
Did I mention that I love you and that you're a great writer?
Post a Comment