Monday, February 15, 2010

Quiet and Thankful...

I haven't forgotten my blogging, I promise.  Life keeps happening to me and I come up with these thought provoking and inspirational entries that are composed in my mind as I lay awake waiting for restful sleep to set in.  It takes a while to go to sleep, it takes a while for this mind to turn off and drift off into the world of dreams.  And I lay there and think:  "Maybe I should get up and just write this down right now... I won't remember any of this in the morning... but if I get up right now it will take longer to go to sleep...  I should try again the notebook-at-the-night-stand thought...", and somewhere in between I'll finally drift off (only to be woken up 20 to 30 mins later by a baby or a three-year-old, but that's a completely different story!) and the amazing posts get lost in the world of unconsciousness.

To sum up this last week it would suffice to say that lots of attitude adjustments have been required around here (and not necessarily from the little people or the gentle man), some have come more easily than others, and some we're still working on admitting a need for!  As an exercise for my heart I will join the thousands who publish their lists of thanks... 

1.  An email that sits in my inbox and contains a certain confirmation code for 4 tickets to Guatemala.

2.  The (seemingly) ridiculous way in which God's provision came through just at the right time.

3.  Spontaneous "I love yous" that are directed my way from little mouths, sometimes disarming me with the reminder of the goodness of undeserved love.

4.  Chubby hands that reach for me in the middle of the night.

5.  Chunky toes that love to be kissed.

6.  The sweetest snuggly boy that wraps little arms around my neck every.single.time.he.sees.me!

7.  A gentle husband who loves on me all.the.time!

8.  A loving, merciful God that has left provision for my mistakes and shortcomings.

9.  Health!

10.  Opportunities to make amends.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keila, I go through the same thing where I'll have this great post and don't get to it and by the time I do I either lose the thought or it gets erased. By that time I am too tired to rewrite it again and call it a night. And I HATE THAT!!! Love and miss you <3 Kristi
P.S. Isn't it wonderful the affect of a squeeze from one of your babes can totally change the course of your day? Jayme is really good at that and he reminds me of why God gave him to nme!!! Love Kristi

Mel said...

OOh, you have tickets to Guatemala? Yay!!!!! They are for the 4 of us, right? When are you going?
I miss you, and I love your posts. I have the same problem with blogging. I even think if things great to say during the day. Mostly when I'm nursing the baby and can't type or about 2 minutes into making dinner.
I love you and can't wait to get together soon. Are you free on Monday?
I'll probably call you today, okay?