Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Catching up

Was it a week ago that I last posted? Oh my! I hadn't even realized it! Let me see, I'll give you a brief update:
  • The long night I told you about was followed by yet a longer one with a sick little one... the first time up we washed all the sheets in her crib, her pjs, and she was put in the tub. The second time up Mami ended up in the shower with her, but the third one (at 3.30 a.m.) we had to wash all the sheets on our bed! Some nasty tummy bug has been going around and we couldn't escape it. She is doing much better now, though.
  • Friday night we had special meetings begin in our church. Our guest speaker was Dr. Mike Brown and as timely as God always is, it was exactly what we needed.
  • Saturday morning we, literally, showed our faces at the pastors' breakfast and left for Syracuse as Ben was scheduled to deliver a workshop at the Basic conference. After visiting with some family and friends we headed back here and made it just in time to the night meeting with Dr. Brown.
  • Sunday we did two more meetings and we are wiped in our bodies but renewed in our spirits!
  • Now after having begun to put away winter clothes, outgrown clothes, sort through hand-me-downs for Elena, going through her bout of sickness, and the weather getting cold again let's just say I don't even remember what the floor of our bedroom actually looks like! I have tons of laundry to catch up with and a floor to re-discover so I should go off to my duties!

***************

¿Ya pasó una semana desde mi última publicación? Vaya que se me ha ido el tiempo rápidamente... voy a tratar de ponerlos al día:

  • La larga noche de la que les hablé esta última vez tuvo como secuela otra aún más larga con una chiquita enferma... la primera vez que nos despertamos tuvimos que lavar todas las sábanas de su cuna, su ropa de dormir y meterla a la bañera. La segunda vez que nos despertó Mami tuvo que meterse a la regadera con ella. La tercera vez que nos despertó (como a las 3.30 a.m.) hubo que lavar todas las sábanas de nuestra cama. Anda un virus estomacal pululando por allí y no pudimos hacernos el quite. Ya ella está mejor ahora, gracias a Dios.
  • El viernes empezamos reuniones especiales en la iglesia con el Dr. Mike Brown y con la puntualidad que caracteriza a nuestro Dios, era justo lo que necesitábamos escuchar.
  • El sábado, literalmente, hicimos acto de presencia en un desayuno de pastores y salimos para Syracuse donde mi esposo estaba programado para dar un taller en la conferencia de Basic. Luego de su taller pasamos un rato con familia y amigos y volvimos a salir para acá. Llegamos exactamente a la hora que empezaba la reunión de esa noche.
  • El domingo tuvimos dos reuniones más y estamos exhaustos físicamente pero renovados en nuestro espíritu.
  • Ahora, después de haber empezado a guardar toda la ropa de invierno, guardar la ropa que ya no le queda a Elena, abrir un par de cajas de ropa para Elena que nos pasaron un par de amistades, atravesar el virus que la tuvo malita y que el clima se volvió a enfriar... lo resumiré diciendo que no me recuerdo cómo es el suelo de nuestro dormitorio. ¡Tengo toneladas de ropa que lavar y un suelo que re-descubrir, asi que los dejo por ahora!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that everyone is feeling much better! Spring sounds like a busy season for everyone! The change of seasons seem to always fill up people's daily schedules! Spring cleaning, get clothes out from the attic, MIDTERMS! (Ha,ha,ha!) I mean... YUCK! I hope this little comment brightens up your day! I would love to hear more about the conference you went to! I love receiving e-mails from you!

Darlene Sinclair said...

You are doing an amazing job with all your duties as wife and mother. I pray for blessing to continually come your way, for you are such a blessing to others!

I am chipping away, moving a bit more, but still sitting for the most part. My goal is to walk normally by the end of the summer. We shall see!

You are welcome any time, and maybe once I am more mobile the girls and I will head your way. Once again, we shall see!