Saturday, May 27, 2006

Hiccups

As I sit here my belly jumps up and down and I realize my baby has the hiccups. In the meantime I have a little girl playing with her new tea set and I listen in on what she´s doing... she has the hiccups too! What a funny thing!

The other day I heard this said on TV, it was in passing, so I´m not even sure what show it was or what it was about but I gather it was someone talking to a mom and though this is not verbatim, it kind of went like this:
"You are their mom. You are their hero. You are the one who gets up
before them and gets this whole wonderful world started for them!"
Now I agree with the little discourse and it sounded even better when I heard it. However, this mom doesn´t seem to manage to get up before them and get their world started. I am just so tired! I can fall asleep anytime, anywhere. The way I see it right now, it only promises to get worse as this baby comes into our lives and we go through the nightime feedings. Oh well, at least I am trying to make the duration and end of the day as pleasant as possible!
****************
Hipo
Me siento a escribir y siento mi estómago saltar de arriba a abajo intermitentemente y me doy cuenta de que mi bebé tiene hipo. Al mismo tiempo tengo a una nenita jugando en el suelo con el set de té que le acaban de regalar y presto un poco más de atención a lo que está haciendo... ¡Ella también tiene hipo! ¡Qué gracioso!

El otro día oí esto en la televisión, fue en un cambio de canales, asi que no sé ni qué clase de programa era ni cual era el tema del programa, pero por lo menos sé que le hablaban a una mamá. No lo estoy citando literalmente, pero iba algo así:

"Tú eres su mamá. Tú eres su heroína. Tú eres la que se levanta todas las mañanas antes que ellos y echa a andar este maravilloso mundo para ellos."

Estoy totalmente de acuerdo con el pequeño discurso y sonaba mucho mejor cuando lo oí originalmente. Sin embargo, esta mamá no logra levantarse antes que ellos y eharles a andar el día. ¡Estoy tan cansada! Me puedo dormir a cualquier hora y en cualquier lugar. Y como lo veo desde aquí, está a punto de ponerse más difícil una vez que este bebito/a se nos una y empiecen las noches de desvelo. ¡En fin, por lo menos estoy tratando de hacerles la duración y el final del día tan placenteros como puedo!

1 comment:

Mel said...

Hi, my friend!
Those hiccups are so cool!
God is going to give you grace for what you need, right at the time that you need it! I know Him, He's like that!
Love you!