We've made it one more week. My mom arrives tonight and I'm happy and excited. It will be hard to be all crammed up in this little apartment but we will make it work. Our downstairs neighbors haven't found a place to move yet so in a week or two it will be five of us in this little space. My gracious husband has been so understanding of my culture, our need of proximity and the loss of privacy that comes with the territory! I know for a fact not everyone would understand, let alone appreciate having their mother-in-law move in for such extended periods of time. Guatemalan people don't know about doulas, it is usually customary for one of the mothers to move in with the new family to help with the new baby and all the household tasks. When this doesn't happen, it is usually because they live close enough to each other that mom shows up on a daily basis. Blending in the privacy of my husband's culture with the lack thereof of mine has been interesting. But as many other things we have faced in creating our own "home" culture we work at it one day at a time and understand that God is in the midst of the making of our home.
At any rate, we will continue to keep you posted about our new little Levendusky timely!
4 comments:
I think moms make the best doulas. :) I'm so glad you'll have yours there!
I'd like my mom here for quite some time after our new arrival too. So I think its a great idea!
Thank you for your congratulations! We're very excited about our first little one coming into the word... Feb. 20th is the due date.
I can't wait to hear about your new arrival!!!
Have you changed your site somehow? For a while I was unable to comment and now it is compatible or something. At any rate, hooray, I can comment!
Glad to know your mom is there. What could be better?!
Just wanted to let you know that I've been praying for you. He will give great grace--I've no doubt.
Make sure you have Ben update right away when baby #2 arrives!
Post a Comment