Saturday, December 16, 2006

Oreos and.... coffee?

We landed this morning at 12:38 a.m. I forgot to mention we left Guatemala on Thursday but were, again, splitting our trip by spending another night with our friends the Timers. We spent a wonderful time with them catching up even when it had to be done with a week in between!

Our flight was supposed to arrive in Albany at around noon, but wanting to spend a little more time with our friends we changed it for the night flight. Everything was great until we got to the airport and were delayed. Now, had it only been the two of us, it would have been easier to handle, but with two little ones, delays are really not that welcome. Our 9.45 p.m. departure was changed to 10.20 p.m. which meant we were to sit in the gate area, keep them awake AND happy longer. It was a tough time! But we're home and there's no place like home! Of course with an original arrival at around noon, we made sure our fridge was clean. After all, who wants to come home to spoiled milk and food, right? This explains the title of my post, having arrived home at about 1 a.m., this morning our breakfast consisted of oreo cookies for Elena and coffee for Ben and myself! No milk, no eggs, no anything in our pantry!!! Guess we'll have to fit in some quick shopping in between church services today and tomorrow!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there, guys. If you don't mind, I would really I appreciate your prayers for my family. As I think you should know, my father has been out of a job for about five years or so. It's a long story, among many other things, but.... all I can say is we are trying to sell our house....& the ball seems to be rolling really slow on that subject. We only have just enough money to live in our house for one more month. And our only next alternative is to room with my brother, his wife, and their son Jackson in Palm Harbor, Florida.... if worse comes to worse. I know this isn't something I should post on a public blog, but, we are all brothers & sisters in Christ whether we have met each other or not....(but, meeting each other would help a bit). :-) I was reading over your previous blog entries, Keila. I figured you two have a pretty good grasp on learning how to put our trust in the Lord for His constant provision even when the going gets tough! Thanks in advance!

Anonymous said...

Breakfast the next morning is always my least favorite part of trips out of town. In fact, I dislike having to figure out what to feed my family that first meal even more than I dislike unpacking... and I really dislike unpacking!!!!

Glad you're home safe and sound. Hope you had a great time.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, family! See you soon!

Darlene Sinclair said...

Oreos and coffee -- sounds like a fun breakfast to me!

So glad you got to make the trip. What a blessing. Have a joy-filled holiday with your little girls!

Cassandra said...

hmm...sounds a little familiar to me with that recent truckload delivery! let's just say I don't want any more Oreos for a little bit ;)