Well, it is just about that time of year when I feel like I've outlived our present arrangements and a desperate need for change starts to creep in. I just mean in the way our house is furnished and distributed right now. Granted, we are on a very limited budget right now and we can't really afford any projects.
Our "family room" which is supposed to go in our old kitchen upstairs was supposed to be done over the winter. Come spring time, we were hoping to move our TV and some kind of seating up there thus freeing up the space down here for an office. Having the TV and the computer in this room throughout the winter ended up being a good idea because it provided for a smaller space to heat where the girls could bring their toys in and pretty much everything could be done in here. We have electric heat and it gets pricey to attempt to heat every space in the house. However, here we are... mid April already and the "family room" is but a collection of boxes with books from the old living room, plastic tubs with our winter wear, suitcases that upon moving were without a place and are hoping to go up in the attic some day, cupboards that were taken down just to take a look at the wall behind them--leading us to--two walls' upper halves stripped of said cupboards and displaying nasty, old wall paper, bare walls. And that is what we walk through to use our main bathroom upstairs and our bedrooms.
We have no curtains, anywhere... the girls' room didn't really get past the painting stage, the bathrooms are still waiting for their fresh paint, and boxes upon boxes of stuff await to be unpacked and organized somewhere in this dwelling. You know how it is... you can't do one thing until you do this other one, but then again, that one can't really be done yet because it needs for this other one to be done as well.
Now, mind you I am not complaining but merely realizing that my projects will take longer in being completed than I hoped for, but that's ok. There are things far more important than having all I think I need and if God hasn't provided for it, I probably don't need it quite yet.
I will, however think of re-arranging the things I do have for a fresher look and maybe a more efficient distribution... off I go.
1 comment:
Oh Keila, I can so feel your pain on this one...One day at a time, right?
;)
Post a Comment