Monday, April 16, 2007

This is the Scoop

I am working on translating a book. Back when I said yes, we thought it would be a good idea to brush up on my skills and make a bit of money. However, by the time I got the book, well I haven't caught up with life yet. So, long story short, I am working like crazy to finish and if I'm not nursing a baby, feeding us, kind-of cleaning the kitchen, changing diapers and seeing to immediate little girl needs, I am taking every other minute to sit in front of the computer and work as much as the next situation that needs tending to arises. Movies have been playing non-stop, meals have been kept to the bare minimal and I feel like my house will fall apart. All that to say I am ever so grateful for the opportunity of being a stay-at-home mom and not having the need to go out and work everyday. My heart goes out to those moms who need to go out and work and can't stay home and tend to their little ones. I certainly do not want to add more work to my work load, but above all things, I don't want to be home and not be there for my little family!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that I had the opportunity to grow up with a mother who decided to be a homemaker when my parents adopted two girls! Before my mother was a homemaker, she was a nurse. My brother did not have the privilege as we did as girls growing up to have a mother to come home to after school. I am so greatful as I look back on it! I totally understand how you must be feeling right about now .... as you should know, we had a "realtors' luncheon"~ that's where lots of realtors from many different companies come see a house, (our house)and the realtors serve food .... (I guess the food draws more realtors .... it sure would for me! Ha, ha, ha, ha! :-D) Anyways, they said in order to have the best chance to sell our house as soon as possible, many changes would need to take place. So, the realtors told us to tear up our carpet because, apparently, carpet isn't "in" but, hardwood floors are "in". Plus, we had to take down ALL our family photos .... beacause apparently it distracts the buyer from looking at the house .... taking most of our furniture down helps the buyer "envision THEIR stuff in the home instead of OUR stuff." Pretty whacked-out psychology I'd say, huh?! So, essentially, my house has gone under a "home lift" for lack of a better term pretty much! Okay, enough "synopsis" of my "tale of woes"! It looks as if it didn't turn out to be a "synopsis" after all, huh? Ha, ha, ha, ha! :-D Oh well! "Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa!" :-)