Can you believe this? It feels as though just yesterday we brought her into our little home and then again, I can hardly remember life without her! She is so precious. I have told before of her strong determination. She is not the type of baby that can be distracted away from the object of her attention so easily. However, there is one thing that delights her little heart enough to hold her attention away from "trouble", at least momentarily, that is music. Whether it is a song on a worship CD or just a partial tune on a toy, she will stop on her tracks, look up at you, smile and start dancing!
Being an early walker, she is of course, an early climber. Still it is hard to keep up with her quick pace. It may take her a bit to learn a skill, but once learned it doesn't take her long to master it. For instance, Ben figured with her adventurous nature it would be wise to try to teach her how to climb up the stairs. We had caught her attempting to do it before, so he walked up the stairs showing her how to move her little arms and legs to climb up. He did it only once. The very next day, she sneaked out on us for a couple of minutes and climbed the whole flight of stairs on her own. All I know is that Ben said: "Honey, I hear her on the stairs," and much to my dismay I found her all the way up, holding on to the gate at the top! Our whole flight of stairs in just a minute or two I can't tell you how far down my stomach dropped.
One of her newest discoveries has been the computer keyboard. Her face lights up when I sit her on my lap. She immediately sticks out her little fingers and goes for the keys and if she sees my hands anywhere near hers, she'll quickly (and decidedly) push them away to keep it to herself.
And so, her determination and her ability to focus lead her to solve problems rather quickly. Her adventurous nature keep her discovering new things constantly. Her independent spirit takes her beyond her limits and yet she is still so much of a baby that can't be away from this proud and happy mom for long. For the first time ever she slept last night (or should I say this morning) until 4 a.m. (I am not holding my hopes high, this may be a one time thing more than a page turner in the life of). I cannot imagine where God will take my little girl, all I know is that my life is ever richer and happier by her presence! Happy first birthday, sweet girl!
1 comment:
Is her birthday on the 23rd? I didn't remember that! If so, good for her - it's the best day of all!
Post a Comment