The paragraph below was a posting I began writing on July 25th. I hadn't realized it's been so long since I last sat in front of this screen! I hope it's ok, as I don't think I had time to proofread it!
"You don't want to be her pacifier" were her words as we talked about my little Adriana's frequent and sometimes (ok, often) prolonged nursing sessions. We were at Adriana's one year appointment at the doctor's office. The P.A. was responding to my report on how hard it is to say how many times she nurses a day because it varies according to the day's events. If she falls and gets upset, she'll nurse, even if only for 5 minutes. She nurses for comfort a lot. I wished I could have poured out my heart to this lady... I couldn't. I'm not sure whether I should have said anything, really. Sometimes I have a hard time determining when a response to such a comment would be "witnessing" or simply "casting my pearls out." All I said was "Well, I really don't mind." The truth is, why should I?
I truly think of it a blessing to be able to soothe my little girl. I try to use this times to tell her how the Lord can help us cope with our every day frustrations and how much He loves her and wants to soothe her. I tell her she can always count of me and I love her dearly but there is one love that is far better than mine and it is His perfect love.
This season, in hindsight will be so short in comparison to all the years she'll be away from me. So much to my doctor's disappointment I won't be looking to wean her sooner than she is ready to...
"You don't want to be her pacifier" were her words as we talked about my little Adriana's frequent and sometimes (ok, often) prolonged nursing sessions. We were at Adriana's one year appointment at the doctor's office. The P.A. was responding to my report on how hard it is to say how many times she nurses a day because it varies according to the day's events. If she falls and gets upset, she'll nurse, even if only for 5 minutes. She nurses for comfort a lot. I wished I could have poured out my heart to this lady... I couldn't. I'm not sure whether I should have said anything, really. Sometimes I have a hard time determining when a response to such a comment would be "witnessing" or simply "casting my pearls out." All I said was "Well, I really don't mind." The truth is, why should I?
I truly think of it a blessing to be able to soothe my little girl. I try to use this times to tell her how the Lord can help us cope with our every day frustrations and how much He loves her and wants to soothe her. I tell her she can always count of me and I love her dearly but there is one love that is far better than mine and it is His perfect love.
This season, in hindsight will be so short in comparison to all the years she'll be away from me. So much to my doctor's disappointment I won't be looking to wean her sooner than she is ready to...
No comments:
Post a Comment