Days and weeks have been feeling so long since I've been suffering allergies. I don't think I normally have them unless I am pregnant. So I've dragged through the last few days trying to stay ahead to avoid congestion in between living life. In between drinking jugs of lemon water, breathing in steam, staying away from dairy, and using plenty of saline spray we have:
:: Waited with them and then celebrated the arrival of their new baby
:: Waited with them for the arrival of theirs (still waiting)
:: Visited with them
:: Had numerous phone conversations with Guatemala. It is so funny how my life here seems to be unaltered yet I am still a part of things down there of the phone... it is kind of crazy!
...and so many other things that I can't really take the time to write down. In spite of all my efforts, I did start feeling the familiar symptoms of sinusitis. This time, instead of going for antibiotics as I had to do when pregnant with Adriana, my doctor figured we should try to go for the root of the problem: the allergies. So after my first take of the antihistamine I am feeling much better, I've stopped the sneezing and nose running and eyes watering and it seems as though I am now left to deal with the remaining congestion. Hopefully that will be all it takes.
As for today, it will feel exceptionally long as Ben will be away for the day. I am homebound, the weather is so hot and my options are limited. I have no car and our road is not safe for walking with little girls. Their summer pool hasn't been set up yet (I actually don't think I even know where Ben stored it for the winter!) and this house doesn't have a hose hookup outside so keeping little girls busy today will be quite interesting!
:: Waited with them and then celebrated the arrival of their new baby
:: Waited with them for the arrival of theirs (still waiting)
:: Visited with them
:: Had numerous phone conversations with Guatemala. It is so funny how my life here seems to be unaltered yet I am still a part of things down there of the phone... it is kind of crazy!
...and so many other things that I can't really take the time to write down. In spite of all my efforts, I did start feeling the familiar symptoms of sinusitis. This time, instead of going for antibiotics as I had to do when pregnant with Adriana, my doctor figured we should try to go for the root of the problem: the allergies. So after my first take of the antihistamine I am feeling much better, I've stopped the sneezing and nose running and eyes watering and it seems as though I am now left to deal with the remaining congestion. Hopefully that will be all it takes.
As for today, it will feel exceptionally long as Ben will be away for the day. I am homebound, the weather is so hot and my options are limited. I have no car and our road is not safe for walking with little girls. Their summer pool hasn't been set up yet (I actually don't think I even know where Ben stored it for the winter!) and this house doesn't have a hose hookup outside so keeping little girls busy today will be quite interesting!
No comments:
Post a Comment