Saturday, August 23, 2008

Misc.



Our newest garage sale finds: two bicycles for $3 (both)!Though we got two, only one is small enough for our girls,
but they're still loving it!

...and... we got this swing set from a family from church

it's a little beat up, but it is the greatest thing ever for the girls right now

they have spent sooo much time out there and we're happy for that

the big slide required some ingenuity for Adriana to climb, so
Ben brought up to the ladder section the smaller slide set we had gotten earlier
this year and voilá!

:: On another note, Susi is doing much better. Appendicitis and any other serious condition have been ruled out and now she is just watching what she eats even more carefully.

:: Ben is running 20 miles today. This is the peak of his training for the marathon. It is so amazing to realize that what seemed as an unfathomable task almost a year ago will become a reality in less than a month. He'll be running the marathon on September 14!

:: My mind definitely tends to forget my body is carrying a passenger. I keep coming up with these crazy ideas on projects that I get started only to find, a couple hours into them, that I will definitely not be able to finish them that day. I can't tell you how much my house keeps looking like a tornado hit so many rooms before it begins to feel breathable! The worst thing of all... I can't stop!!! Every room I go into I see something I want to change, move, paint, get, etc.! By far the strongest nesting instinct I've ever experienced, I think... oh well... I'll manage to keep up somehow.

2 comments:

Maureen said...

Nothing like a swingset to put a smile on the faces of two little girls! Please tell Susi I missed her at church and hope to see her soon~

Anonymous said...

The best things in life are free! and sometimes the Lord sends a little help in the form of garage sales and kindly friends :)