This week ended up being surprisingly busy. We knew we were going to be busier than the previous weeks with my uncle's visit and a day planned to be spent at a lake with the Timers but on Sunday night, at the very last minute our plans changed.
My uncle (my mom's oldest brother) called on Sunday night to let us know that his travel plans had changed. He wouldn't be arriving on Tuesday night as originally discussed but on Monday at noon. He also wasn't going to stay for one day only but he was staying all the way through Thursday.
We scrambled to get the house somewhat decent on Sunday night since my first appointment with my new doctor's office would be on Monday morning and it was a little late to reschedule it. On the appointment, I must say, we are very happy with the switch. This happens to be not only one of the practices that has been getting most of my old doctor's former patients but will also be getting at least one of his staff members. The practice has three midwives and I will be a midwife patient, which means that I won't get to see a doctor unless it is really necessary. Our appointment took longer than what we were used to because the midwife took the time to answer every one of my daughters' questions and reply to each and every one of their comments.
That out of the way, we ran to pick up my uncle at the airport. We got there late... he'd been there for a good half an hour at least. From there on, the week becomes almost a blur to me. We mostly spent our time at the mall since he had a list of things he needed for the church in Guatemala and his time here was really the only time he had off from preaching.
Thursday we dropped him off at the airport and headed off to the lake for a few hours visit with the Timers. Friday was spent at Babies'r'us creating a gift registry for Susi and so my week wraps up. So, pardon the blah post with such mundane information but I have already been interrupted too many times to keep a train of thought. I'll give it another try later!
My uncle (my mom's oldest brother) called on Sunday night to let us know that his travel plans had changed. He wouldn't be arriving on Tuesday night as originally discussed but on Monday at noon. He also wasn't going to stay for one day only but he was staying all the way through Thursday.
We scrambled to get the house somewhat decent on Sunday night since my first appointment with my new doctor's office would be on Monday morning and it was a little late to reschedule it. On the appointment, I must say, we are very happy with the switch. This happens to be not only one of the practices that has been getting most of my old doctor's former patients but will also be getting at least one of his staff members. The practice has three midwives and I will be a midwife patient, which means that I won't get to see a doctor unless it is really necessary. Our appointment took longer than what we were used to because the midwife took the time to answer every one of my daughters' questions and reply to each and every one of their comments.
That out of the way, we ran to pick up my uncle at the airport. We got there late... he'd been there for a good half an hour at least. From there on, the week becomes almost a blur to me. We mostly spent our time at the mall since he had a list of things he needed for the church in Guatemala and his time here was really the only time he had off from preaching.
Thursday we dropped him off at the airport and headed off to the lake for a few hours visit with the Timers. Friday was spent at Babies'r'us creating a gift registry for Susi and so my week wraps up. So, pardon the blah post with such mundane information but I have already been interrupted too many times to keep a train of thought. I'll give it another try later!
3 comments:
I love how you started your blog with "surprisingly busy"... when are you not busy? how could you be surprised these days? :) I'm glad to see one of Doc S's people moved to that practice...which one? that's cool that the midwife answered all of Elena's questions... that speaks volumes...hopefully it means they will have good listening ears for all of your needs/concerns :) We wanted to call a couple of times this week but we didn't want to overwhelm you, we knew you were busy... well, hopefully we'll all catch up again soon. We miss you guys! I've also been thinking, your baby will be here before we know it!! I can't wait to see who that little person in your belly will turn out to be... and how much I will be judging the name you pick :) Anyway, we hope you are doing well! We'll see you soon! (we hope!)
becky
i'm so happy for you about the appointment and the midwife! you must be so excited and relieved!!
it sounds like your doing so well, keeping up with the pace of life gracefully :)
love you!
Yay! I'm so glad that you like it at your new practice. Thank you, Jesus! I can't wait to see you. I missed you while I was away.
Post a Comment