**Edit**
Little bit of news: Susi has been uncertain of the time she´d need to stay here after the baby´s birth because her residency papers were ridiculously delayed. The best hope we had was April for an interview and then another wait for the actual green card to be issued and even that was a very stretchy maybe according to the Immigration Officer we talked to in December. Out of the blue, today we got a phone call from her attorney informing us that they received an email to notify them that her card has been approved WITHOUT an interview!!! As soon as that card gets here she is a free woman! She can leave the country, she can go make her home back in North Carolina, she can go anywhere she wants and does not have to look at being confined to our little guest room for unending months! Thank you Lord!
************************************************************************************
Before we knew it, it's my mom's turn to say good by. I have tons of thoughts and tons of pictures to share but my time at a computer is so limited that I haven´t had time to upload anything let alone type. I don´t foresee my time getting freer with my mom gone, so I appreciate your patience as I now try my hand "for real" at being the Mommy of three. So far I feel I´ve been cheating my way through it as my mom has always been around to be the extra set of arms. So I´ll let you know what life is like in about a week. Don´t be surprised if you see even less of me here...
Talk to all soon!
Little bit of news: Susi has been uncertain of the time she´d need to stay here after the baby´s birth because her residency papers were ridiculously delayed. The best hope we had was April for an interview and then another wait for the actual green card to be issued and even that was a very stretchy maybe according to the Immigration Officer we talked to in December. Out of the blue, today we got a phone call from her attorney informing us that they received an email to notify them that her card has been approved WITHOUT an interview!!! As soon as that card gets here she is a free woman! She can leave the country, she can go make her home back in North Carolina, she can go anywhere she wants and does not have to look at being confined to our little guest room for unending months! Thank you Lord!
************************************************************************************
Before we knew it, it's my mom's turn to say good by. I have tons of thoughts and tons of pictures to share but my time at a computer is so limited that I haven´t had time to upload anything let alone type. I don´t foresee my time getting freer with my mom gone, so I appreciate your patience as I now try my hand "for real" at being the Mommy of three. So far I feel I´ve been cheating my way through it as my mom has always been around to be the extra set of arms. So I´ll let you know what life is like in about a week. Don´t be surprised if you see even less of me here...
Talk to all soon!
2 comments:
Hi Keila :)
What wonderful news about Susi. What a lift for her!
I will miss seeing your Mom by your side. She is such a wonderful person. You and Ben will discover ways to manage. I'm a phone call (or blog ;) away to remind you that you are not alone. You and Ben were so cute and filled with life the other night in the midst of the busyness of little feet. You guys were certainly made for this!
Hurray for Susi! That is good news. I, too, will miss seeing your mom...She feels like family. Give a call if you need someone to sweep your floor-- :>) xo
Post a Comment