While Elena helped me change little Ben's diaper:
E : "Mami, when I was little I don't have one of those" pointing at the open diaper.
Me: "No, sweetie, little girls and little boys are different"
E: "Yes! (very enthusiastically) Mami, when I get bigger I will have a big bommy like yours!!!"
Ben is raising faithful Dolphin fans, as expected. Elena has been duly drilled and if you ask the question "Who is your favorite quarterback?" She'll say her own version of "Chad Pennington". So I told Ben to show her a picture of the guy to give her a face to think of. He did and showed her he was wearing number 10 on his shirt. She was very excited and interested so he proceeded to show her Rony Brown:
Ben: "Elena, what's the most innovative offensive scheme in the National Football League this year?"
E: "hmmm... wi-cat!"
Ben: Showing her Rony Brown's picture: "Look Elena, this is Ronny Brown, he runs the wild cat"
E: "Daddy, how old is he?"
Ben: "How old is he? I don't know, he's a little younger than daddy"
E: "No Daddy, how old is he in his shirt"
Adriana has been in the habit of leaving the room whenever she is told not to do something. She did it so inconspicuously and nonchalantly that we didn't catch on until Ben was in the "computer room" and she passed him to go to the bottom of the stairs. When he realized she'd been there for a couple minutes he said:
B: "Adriana, what are you doing sweetie? You know you're not supposed to be at the bottom of the stairs."
A: "Nothing, Daddy! I just picking my nose!"
Now that we know what she does, after she'll disappear when she's been asked not to do something (usually when I am nursing and can't follow her right away):
Me: "Adriana, come in here please"
A: "I coming, Mama"
Me: "Are you disobeying?"
A: "I not disbeying, Mama, I just picking my nose!"
3 comments:
This was Joy and a pleasure to read this morning.... thank you for sharing such great memories
what great examples of children and their innocence! Dad and I loved it! thank you so much! (what finger does Adriana use? I will be sure NOT to kiss it!)ggg MomL
These are so completely cute Keila. They are clever aren't they? :)
Post a Comment