Monday, April 20, 2009

"And the renovation begins right now"

Okay, it may not make much sense but maybe as it develops it will. Bear with me, please. For those who don´t know, we are trading downstairs apartments with Mom and Dad L so as to be on one whole side of the house. It is a first step of a long term remodel we want to ultimately do. Although we don´t know when step 2 will follow, we are pretty excited about getting on with step 1.


1. When you come into their apartment, this wall separates the living room/kitchen from the bedroom.
2. The doorway will be closed in and the wall to the left torn down.


3. Seen from the bedroom: the wall to be demolished to the right now. With the closing of the doorway we intend to somehow use the corner and closet space to make an office space with a built-in interpreting booth in the closet. It may not be the most practical solution but at least that would provide an immediate semi-enclosed space for me to work without completely removing me from family life and won´t require all the electrical re-wiring we would have had to do other wise. Plus, we have a 3 week deadline while Mom and Dad are visiting Andrea in TX.
4. With the wall gone it should open up a larger space for living room, dining area and kitchen.

5. As you can see, carpeting has already been removed. Their kitchen begins at the change of flooring, but we will install new laminate flooring throughout. Notice how lightly I use the term "we". I am mostly in charge of our current living space and the little people. All the exciting plans we had for these days did not materialize, had it not been for the girls´little outing to Aunt Dee´s we would all have ended up couped up with a feverish baby... *sigh* just going with the flow now.

Stay tuned for updates, that is the most exciting thing I can do regarding the project right now!




2 comments:

dee said...

Keila, I am REALLY excited for you guys...remodeling and interior work can be a hassle, but keep the end result in your vision....and of course blog it. Nosy neighbors you have up here. :)

Adrienne said...

this is GREAT!! I figured that you would be the 'home' reporter! Can't thank you enough! I am catching up on the toll flying etc takes on this older body!!... but tell ben WOW...great start!!!
I am enjoying Maddie... she reminds me of lil Ben..or Bella... or maybe just one of my grandbabies! she is very laid back nature, and loves my dumb noises, and faces...last night she tried to catch my tongue which I was sticking out at her! ggg
love you... hope Ben gets better!!
momL