Wednesday, April 15, 2009

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

I am so ridiculously exhausted! For two and a half weeks I have had to wake up at night much more than usual and it is finally beginning to wear on me. We are not dealing with a tummy bug, thankfully, but my girls seem to take after me and gag at absolutely anything when they're sick, so they have thrown up even when their sickness doesn't call for it. So between throwing up, fevers and the attitudes and behavior that go with it, hurting tummys, noses, anythings, bathroom emergencies and the regular nursing wake up times of the night I am, finally, worn out.

Last night (or this morning, when it was still dark, I don't even know anymore) Adriana came to our bed. Although we've been trying to wean her of this, we made an exception this week that she's been sick. She had some milk, the baby woke up so I brought him in bed thinking I was tired enough not to even bother putting him back on his basket, he was going to stay in bed with me. As I was almost asleep I heard Adriana cough... and cough... and cough... aaaand... I had just so much time to lift the baby up and be the target of the projectile! I guess the good news was that whatever I didn't catch her pillow did, so after wiping baby, her, my face and ridding of my nightgown Ben went to sleep with Elena, we threw a big towel on our bed (just in case we missed something) and we went back to sleep at a time that by all reason we should have been waking up.

Even though we woke up at 9, Adriana is still cranky enough that I didn't manage to come downstairs until 10. My body aches, my head aches, my eyes are fighting to stay open and Elena & Ben jr. are ready to take on the world! Cookies and brownies for breakfast and who knows what will make it to the table for lunch and dinner today! arghhh...

5 comments:

Maureen said...

Wow...I'm exhausted just reading the account of your night! Cookies and brownies for breakfast--yeehaw! Hope you get in a nap today~xo

Adrienne said...

Oh Keila- Ben told me about the Projectile vomiting ...in her sleep...but in your face kind...How absolutely awful way to wake up from that 'kind of sleeping' state- to the fully awake 'clean it up state!!"
I've done my time sleeping on a towel or two too! and I don't miss those days at all... my prayers are that tonight will be more than a couple of hours...and all that sickness stuff to Leave your household! What a patient mom
Love you
MomL

andrea said...

oh :( i had my first mom experience with projectile vomit recently so for the first time IN MY LIFE i can relate! praying for health and energy in your home... love you!

dee said...

Motherhood...the up and down moments and days. You are living it Keila. :)

Mel said...

I wish I could make you lunch and put you in for a nap. I'm praying for you guys.
Love you.