I have a son. Some times I still can´t believe it. We welcomed him after the most delightful of labor experiences. There was much laughter in the hours previous to his entrance into this wold, ominous, maybe to his happy nature...
*He loves to dance. Seriously, he does. He´ll be laying next to me on the couch, nursing to sleep and if he realizes we´re watching So You Think You can Dance, he will immediately sit up and start clapping. If I let him, he´ll get down on the floor and shake his little body happily and then looks at me with a scrunched nose and a big wide smile.
*He has this face he makes when he´s being cute or just plain happy... he scrunches his nose, peels the teeth and his cheeks rise up as he breathes out repeatedly... you have to see him, it´s the cutest thing.
*I´m getting a feeling he might prove harder to wean than Adriana did and that gives me mixed emotions. On the one hand, I have enjoyed this little guy so much! He is my baby and I still enjoy nursing him. I love, love, love how he has adopted to rub his chest in the sign-language-"please"-fashion to ask to nurse. And when I ask him if he wants to nurse he laughs and gives me the scrunched nose face!
On the other hand though, he has so many things to do that he simply can´t understand why he can´t just stop, watch the girls do something, maybe say something to them and then get right back to nursing, sweet thing!! He does not understand my overtly compulsive reaction of covering back up when he´s not done yet! So I´d lie if I wouldn´t admit that there are times when I wouldn´t mind that much if he wasn´t nursing any more, but then night time comes and we snuggle, and he nurses, and we snuggle more, and we sleep, and he´s still there, right next to my heart and I feel like I want this to be forever!
*He is the most deliciously chubby chunk and loves when I pretend to takes bites off him and eat them up. Then he reaches out to me mouth wide open as if to take a bit off me, all the while laughing so hard in anticipation of my next "bite".
*He is nervously ticklish! By this I mean that after you tickle him once, he gets all nervous and laughs even harder when you suggest that you will do it again. It is the funniest thing!
*He loves books and although he does enjoy being read to, he really does enjoy (and sometimes seems to prefer) to "read" them by himself.
*He adores his sisters. He and Adriana seem to be connected in their sleep time. It only takes Adriana climbing on my bed and making the tiniest of noises for him to start saying hi to her with his eyes still closed! He sits straight up and with a big wide smile says hi to her!
The list (as you can imagine) could go on, and on, and on, and on... but I know that not everyone is so over anxious to learn all of my baby´s wonders, so I will stop (you´re welcome).
I am so humbled by the hand of a mighty God who would entrust me with the raising of one of His men. I pray as I walk in fear and try to point this little man in the right track to becoming the great man God has thought for him. And in the meantime I get to enjoy his love adoration! Life is beautiful!
1 comment:
I love your little Ben too (though nothing can compare to that mommy-little man bond).
Love you lots!
Post a Comment