Monday, December 21, 2009

A ramble of sorts

Have you ever played the juggling game on wii fit?  You know, the one where you're dressed up like a buffoon (pointy shoes and all) and are supposed to balance on a giant ball while your friends and family throw you balls to juggle (oh yeah, they are also wearing the buffoon outfit! Ha!).  The girls love watching me do it... that's how ridiculous I must look.  I admit, I get so annoyed when the little mii starts sweating because I can't figure out how to balance it on the ball!  They laugh.  And as the little mii is unable to juggle the balls while keeping her balance, I think about how much I feel like that little mii balancing life right now.  How do I juggle my three little children's lives, my marriage, my home, church life, social life and all that all those encompass without losing my own balance and falling off the big ball?

So, as I figure this out bear with me as my postings will continue to be sporadic, but please know that I am also looking into refreshing this old little world of mine to make it richer and maybe even more fun... if only for myself (you may not find it as fun to read as I find it fun to write at times).  More likely we will stay in the same place and just change the look of things, but will definitely keep you posted!

In the mean time, off I go to keep those little balls in the air (at the risk of looking silly) I wish that the busy-ness of the season will not steal away your joy, peace and that you may remember Him.  I wish that in the midst of last minute shopping (Who?   Me!!! No, not you... you probably did all your shopping already, and all your gifts are wrapped and seating nicely under your tree! right?) you will find opportunities to be kind; that in everything you do you may find a way to be a blessing and keep the Spirit of the season Christ alive; that as you make preparations for the celebration, anticipation builds up in your heart and you prepare your heart afresh to receive Him as you pass it on to others as well.  He is the most perfect of gifts, don[t forget it is all about Him!

And on that note, I leave as my son is getting into the kitchen garbage and spreading some  apple-peels-and-cores-cheer around the house!

1 comment:

Mel said...

Love you! Merry Christmas from your fellow juggler. (I should make a Mii on your system so that I can throw you balls in a buffoon outfit! Maybe then you can throw me hula hoops?)