Saturday, January 16, 2010

Crushed down but not destroyed...

...very, very crushed, it feels.  This fever is being relentless and I am tired.  Tired and heart broken.  I can´t even hold my husband and cry my heart out because he is taking care of the children.  He has been wonderful, faithfully delivering medicine, food, juice, tissues and as much comfort as can be offered while leaving the little ones downstairs by themselves.   He is the best!  The poor guy took over an already messy house and has been keeping life going for the children while I "rest".  He is tired, I can tell.  He has spent the last couple nights downstairs with the little man. The girls have been so cute in trying to make sure I rest and checking in on me.  They´re the sweetest.  And my little man is now Daddy´s little man.  He has only nursed twice in the past couple days.  Last night I got him changed here in my bed while Ben put the girls down and he got upset when he saw his Dad leave the room.

At any rate, I wanted to write this to thank you all for your support and your love through these crazy days.  I can´t even begin to explain my heart, so I won´t.  Please keep your prayers coming, we need them desperately... I need them desperately.

In less than an hour my grandma´s body will be laid to rest.  I will not stand by my dad´s side while he puts his mom to rest.  I will not be with my brothers and cousins as they share memories and grieve the loss.  Instead, I lay here in my bed.  Maybe I will  understand it on the other side of heaven, so for now, just pray for me, will you?

5 comments:

brietta said...

I wish I lived closer to you-- I would bring you, your terrific husband, and your special children a meal. But since I can't do that, I am praying for you right now: for a quick healing and for some precious memories to be made in your little family even in this less-than-ideal time. God is good.

abigaildaniels said...

I'll be praying for you. I know how HARD it is to be away from family. I know how desperately you want to be with them. I will ask the Lord to comfort your soul in the way that only He can! (and that you are healthy again very soon!)

andrea said...

love you. thinking of you and praying for you all.

Mel said...

Hey, I didn't know that you were sick until yesterday. If we can't get together tomorrow, I'll bring you something ... okay?
I miss you and I'm praying for you LOTS!!

IMC said...

Keila, se lo que es sufrir la muerte de alguien que amas desde lejos, asi que mi corazon sufre contigo. Les puedo hacer de cenar alguna de estas noches, si te parece bien.