Friday, January 15, 2010

Sick day(s x ?)

Well, I first spoke of the new revelation of grace, now I get to walk it through.  Remember how I told you my sweet boy had been sick and I hadn't slept for a few nights.  Yeah, so Monday I wasn't feeling too well, but figured it was due to the lack of sleep the previous nights.  Now it turns out I caught whatever bug my sweet boy has.  Of course!  What else could come, me sleep deprived, the sweet little man shooting the most juicy sneezes known to human beings... you do the math.

So I figured I'd take a sick day.  Everybody does, right?  First, I didn't know where to hand in my proverbial "memo".  My husband would have been the most logical person, but I knew he had a very busy day ahead.  He had very graciously and lovingly canceled a meeting yesterday to come rescue me and afforded me a couple hours of sleep.  But hey!  I was feeling pretty miserably yesterday and had no clue today was going to be even worse!  But let's get back on track... no hope in giving him my memo.

He did instruct the children (this was very cute by the way) to help me and "take care of me" (whatever that means to a 5 a 3 and a 1 year-old)

**************
I am picking this up more than 24 hours after I stopped because I was feeling so sick.  After we couldn't get my fever below 101 even while on tylenol and ibuprofen, we went to the doctor.  I am fighting the flu (stay away from my house!).  We came home and since then I have been in bed, my husband has taken over the care of the children downstairs.  He spent the night with the baby downstairs last night and at this rate, my sweet boy will be weaned by the end of this, I'm afraid.  I haven't seen him in 12 hours.  My heart aches.

Prayers are appreciated as my body keeps fighting this beast.  I may not keep you posted, but I'll see you again when I'm better.

1 comment:

Maureen said...

It is no fun when mama gets sick...for mama and for the rest of the family! Praying for speedy recovery and strength. Love you!~