I'm not Irish yet I have celebrated St. Patrick's Day every year since 1990. I attended St. Patrick's School in Guatemala, so every March 17 we'd take a break from our studies and celebrated! What did we celebrate? No clue! We only knew that it was St. Patrick's Day, our school's namesake and anything that got us a day off while in school was good in our book. So we spent the day involved in festivities that were anything but celebratory of the authenticity of the day. I can't speak for the rest of my classmates but I can say that I had no idea who St. Patrick had been, nor did I care to find out.
Marrying a partly Irish guy brought a little light into my world where it pertains to St. Patrick, and though I still don't know a lot about his life, I believe there is much to celebrate and I want to make sure my children have more than a reason for a fun day to be thankful for the life of such an individual. Probably many of you know more than I do, so please feel free to enlighten me with your knowledge while I build on the little bit of info I have to make it a nice day around here.
For starters:





1 comment:
Love love the hair cuts! It's nice to view life with these pictures! I was just thinking that ben's red hair is from his Irish blood ( and freckles and probably the shorter stature) but his face is so much like his dad's which is the 100% polish side! And then we have our little ones who have the rich guatemalan blood! And with their 6.25% Irish blood they look great in green! They are a classic example of our USA melting pot!
Love you!
Post a Comment