Today I welcome my 32nd birthday and as I go through this day in my old house, with my old friends and family I realize how much everything has changed. Just a few years ago the mere thought of growing older was so scary. Today, my high heels have been replaced by more comfortable shoes that ease my lower back as I carry the ever increasing extra weight of a new baby while making me quick on my toes to keep up with an almost one-year-old who seems to believe that the world is hers to conquer. Baggier, longer, more comfortable shirts have taken the place of short fancy ones because there is no way I could attempt nursing with them. The long curls are now short and easier to handle... you know, less management required. The morning make up routine is now squeezed together with the baby feeding and changing one, if there is any make up at all. A diaper bag now takes the place of the purse and hardly any personal effects are carried in it... after so many years I realize I don't really need that much stuff any way. A few gray hairs are more noticeable than ever but honestly, I don't seem to care. Above all things my loneliness has been shoved away by a loving husband whose company I enjoy every minute of the day and by the cuttest ever little girl who requires my constant attention. If that wasn't enough, every morning I am reminded of the wonderful miracle of a new life being formed inside of me and all of a sudden the years piling up don't seem as threatening as they used to. Yes, if I had the chance of doing it all over again I would do a few things differently, but deep down inside I am grateful for every single moment that has brought me this far. My life is as perfect as can be and I can't imagine the years to come bringing anything else but blessings. My body will continue to change, I know, "my own time" will continue to disappear while I share it with little people and my wonderful husband but I would never change any of these things for the past years. I am a year older, but I am a year happier!
3 comments:
Happy birthday! I hope and pray you have a wonderful time celebrating with your family. :-)
I can't believe I missed your birthday! Sorry!!! But I hope it was wonderful, special, and all the other things that you are. Love you so much and am grateful that you are a part of my life!
Happy Belated Birthday~
Darlene
I didn't know when your birthday was! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KEILA!!!!
I hope this is your best year yet!
Much love,
Paige
Post a Comment