One of the things I have discovered about pregnancy is that it gives me the propensity of being overcome by emotions at the most unexpected times. My patience runs a little lower and it really becomes a conscientious effort to maintain a "quiet and gentle spirit" (1 Peter 3:4). Yesterday was one of those days. Somehow my emotions were stronger and at some point, instead of being the blessing I intended to be all along I ended up breaking up in tears and disappointed at myself. Then, though I was tired I couldn´t go to sleep... I did a mental inventory of all the projects I have both unfinished and to begin... Hem up those maternity pants that will fit sooner than later... Finish that translation for my uncle... Work on both the wedding and Elena´s scrap books... Fix the frays on my table settings and tablecloths... just to mention a few. Then I realized I am about to enter the 20th week of this pregnancy and we still don´t have a house to move into... Will we have one in time for the baby to be born? At any rate... it is so good to know that His mercies are new every morning and that He even provides for that quiet and gentle spirit so long as we are willing to let Him be stronger than ourselves in our lives. How much growing we need to do!!! How much growing I need to do!
******************
Una de las cosas que he descubierto del embarazo es que me hace propensa a que me traicionen las emociones en los momentos más inesperados. Ando corta de paciencia y mantener un "espíritu tierno y sereno" (1 Pedro 3:4) se vuelve un esfuerzo consciente. Ayer fue uno de esos días. De alguna manera, mis emociones fueron más fuertes que yo y llegó el momento en que en lugar de ser la bendición que quise ser todo el día, rompí a llorar y me decepcioné a mí misma. Luego, a pesar de estar cansada no podía dormir... Hice un inventario mental de todos los proyectos que tengo a media y por iniciar... subirle el ruedo a los pantalones de maternidad que me van a quedar más pronto de lo que imagino... Terminar esa traducción de mi tío que tengo a medias... Trabajar en el album de bodas y el de Elena... Componerle los flecos a mis mantelitos y manteles antes de que se me deshagan... estos son sólo unos cuantos. Luego caí en la cuenta de que voy entrando a la 20a. semana de embarazo y todavía no tenemos casa a dónde pasarnos... ¿Será que tendremos una cuando nazca este bebé? De cualquier manera, es tan bueno saber que sus misericordias son nuevas cada mañana y que Él mismo provee para ese espíritu tierno y sereno siempre y cuando estemos dispuestos a dejarlo a Él ser más fuerte que nosotros mismos en nuestra vida. ¡Cuánto nos falta crecer! ¡Cuánto me falta crecer!
3 comments:
Terry Maxwell, author of "Homeschooling with a Meek & Quiet Spirit," lists three main things that rob of us a meek & quiet spirit. They are fear, anger, and disorganization. Since reading that book, I try to identify when I begin to feel the robbing begin. I try to mentally put them in the appropriate envelope & give it to the Lord. So far it's been a very helpful way to take my thoughts captive! Blessings to you guys -Love you!
Wow, that book that Paige mentions sounds interesting. I find Terry Maxwell's thoughts to be true so often! I will need to get that one in my library.
But pregnancy emotions don't always make sense. Sometimes they come in waves and if you're not looking they can knock you over! Hang in there, try to look, but when you didn't see it coming, know that He will pick you up, and the waves will, in time, recede!
You are precious!
Darlene
I certainly understand where you are coming from! I, myself tend to lose it at times! I think we all have those type of days! It is not just females! But, God is more than happy to forgive us! That is why I am glad GOD is GOD and I'm not! Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers as you continue to house hunt! By the way, it seems that the whole Levendusky family are HUGE fans of "PRIDE & PREJUDICE". Especially Andrea! (Hee,hee). Well, God bless all of you!
Post a Comment