I had a very restless night. Although Elena slept through the night without a problem (for the first time in weeks!) I just wasn´t feeling well. This morning though, I was awoken by a little head that managed to find a comfortable spot on my pillow and quickly wrapped her little arms around my head. Between little squeezes and kisses she brought me back to consciousness (much to my regret as I was finally sleeping comfortably after tossing and turning all night long!) and upon opening my eyes the sweetest little smily face was looking at me! Now, who can resist that? And to think that that´s exactly the way God takes delight on us...
*****************
Pasé una noche muy inquieta. A pesar de que Elena durmió toda la noche sin problema (¡por primera vez en semanas!) yo no me sentía bien y no pude dormir. Sin embargo, esta mañana me despertó una cabecita que se acomodó en mi almohada y rápidamente cubrió mi cabeza con sus bracitos. Entre apretoncitos y besos me trajo de vuelta a la realidad (para mi tristeza porque al fin había logrado dormir un poco después de dar vueltas toda la noche) y al abrir mis ojos la sonrisita más dulce iluminaba su pequeña carita viéndome. ¿Quién se puede resistir a algo así? Y pensar que es así exactamente como Dios se deleita en nosotros...
1 comment:
Hmmmmm! I agree! I like that analogy! It is so true, though! He wants us to be small children.... to rely on Him- just as a newborn depends on his/her mother for nourishment, care, and bonding! If we are not like children in this matter, the Bible states quite clearly we will NOT be able to enter the Kingdom that awaits us when He takes us home! So, it was very timely of you to bring your thoughts out. It had ME reflecting on scriptures related to the love of God! Love you!
Post a Comment