I find that days like today are a little hard to handle for me. I get up with the idea of all the things I want to accomplish in this little space we call "home" and end up quite disappointed when I realize my plans were more ambitious than my body would perform. I find it encouraging though, to realize that I am not the only one who deals with these kinds of days as there are friends who struggle with similar situations. Yes, I am particular about the way I´d like things to look around here and it has been a while since I managed to get them that way. I like my sinks, tub and toilett to --literally--shine... no, they´re not. I like to go into a room and have it smell clean... no, they´re not. I dislike, very much to have dirty dishes in the sink, especially since that is the first thing anyone who comes in sees, more often than not there are dirty dishes in the sink, on the ctove top and on the counter. And though I find it hard to be a happy person when I haven´t accomplished to have my house looking the way I want, I am making myself learn to live with it. My list for today? It was:
- clean the living room floor
- bring the twin bed in
- run a few loads of laundry
- clean the tub
- clean the bathroom and kitchen floors
- re-organize clothes in the bedroom to bring out newborn clothes
- plus the usual daily running of the apartament
- etc.
What did I accomplish? Well, the bed is in and that would be pretty much it. My back was hurting to much to manage doing much more... oh well.
3 comments:
Take a deep breath, my friend. It will come & these days will go (far more quickly than we think). I understand your frustration completely!! I'll be continuing to pray for this season of pregnancy/little ones. Since you will be in it for awhile, I'll join you in praying for the things that will sustain you - patience, joy, humility, etc...Rest in His goodness & perfection!! I love you!
....and don't forget that your body is working even though it isn't something you can cross off the list until THE DAY!
Try not to push yourself too much, Keila! You're body is at it's peak point of allowing YOU to do simple household tasks! "this too, shall pass!"
Keep your chin up!
Post a Comment