Sunday, June 04, 2006

Nesting?

I´m 6 weeks away from my due date and God-only-knows how far away from getting to meet this new little person. We still don´t have a few things that I´d really like to have right now, nor have we taken care of other things that I´d very much like to see taken care of sooner than later, but I am resting assured in God´s perfect timing. Yesterday we went out to shop for a few needed things and we finally found a bassinet that we liked... we didn´t buy it. Don´t ask me why, we just didn´t seem to be able to decide to buy it so we don´t have it. I´ve cleared the space for it in the room quite a few times and it inevitably gets cluttered again. I haven´t even thought of unburying from out of our closet all the newborn clothes because we don´t really have any room for them and I haven´t figured out what we will do to make it work. I know I still have a little over a month but I guess that nesting instinct is kicking in because I seem to have this urgency to get things done... even things that we hadn´t considered doing are suddenly becoming so important and urgent to me. Oh well, there will be time for all those things at some point, I´m sure!
************
Estoy más o menos a 6 semanas de mi fecha estimada de parto y sólo Dios sabe a cuánto tiempo exactamente de conocer a esta nueva personita. Todavía no tenemos unas cuantas cosas que realmente quisiera tener, tampoco hemos terminado otras tantas que quiero terminar lo más pronto posible pero estoy descansando confiada en el tiempo perfecto de Dios. Ayer fuimos a comprar unas cosas que necesitábamos y finalmente encontramos una cunita de recién nacido que nos gustó... no la compramos. No me pregunten por qué, pero por alguna razón no pudimos tomar la decisión de comprarla asi que no la tenemos. He ordenado el cuarto y desocupado el espacio donde deberá ir tantas veces e inevitablemente termina otra vez lleno de chunches. Ni siquiera he pensado en desenterrar la ropita de recién nacido de nuestro closet porque realmente no tenemos espacio para ponerla y todavía no se me ha ocurrido qué hacer para solucionarlo. Sé que todavía tengo poco más de un mes pero creo que el instinto de "anidar" me está pegando fuerte porque súbitamente tengo esta urgencia de terminar cosas... tengo urgencia hasta de hacer cosas que ni siquiera habíamos considerado pero que de repente me urge hacer. En fin... ¡No dudo que tendremos tiempo para todo eso en algún momento!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

¡Caramba! I truly agree! When I want things done, I want things done A.S.A.P.! Like you Keila, I myself need to work on patience! I seem antsy at times when my hopes are up and then my plans get ruined. But, then I need to remember the Lord is the only One Who controls all aspects of life!