Finally, it feels like we're stopping at home. We haven't gone too far for too long, but we've gone so much it certainly feels like an awful lot of time. And so, we try and pick up where we left:
*Christmas cards are here! We order them so early so as to make sure we can timely send those that are headed to Guatemala.
*Elena is now sleeping in her very own bedroom!!! And to add to the success, she is sleeping in her very own toddler bed!
*I had the best sleep last night than I had had in a while. I was in bed by 10.30 (unheard of in this house!), Adriana slept well in her basket until about 3 a.m. when she nursed and very satisfied (to my surprise) stayed back in the basket until around 5.30!! And Elena didn't fall off her little bed or woke up until 6.45 a.m.! So, it is 8.30 a.m. and we are all dressed and have already eaten breakfast!
*Yesterday we walked out of church with a new car seat for Adriana, a bag of clothes for Elena and a sleeper couch (well, this one we still have to go pick up but it was offered to us at church)! I am a very happy wife as I look forward to upgrading our furniture a bit. When we got married we kept an old couch Ben had gotten from someone a while back. It is big and comfy, but rather old and dirty and it's not in so great shape anymore. In moving downstairs we inherited Grandma L's couch that had been sitting at Mom and Dad L's who kindly passed it on to us. However, we were still looking forward to get a sleeper as we were looking ahead at having my family come spend Christmas with us (and all the guests we receive throughout the rest of the year!)... now we have it! As for my family coming for the Holidays, well we're not sure anymore, but, that's another story and I'll share it with you later.
1 comment:
Hopefully, this family will partake of that sleeper couch in the coming years. I can't imagine when we'll back up north, but I love thinking about it! :0)
Post a Comment