Christmas shopping is done... all our gifts are wrapped and sitting under the tree and we are so excitedly looking forward to Christmas morning to open them. It's amazing how 10 days away can throw you off so much! I still don't have everything planned or baked for the rest of the celebration but I will get there. For now we're looking into church regular service this evening, and tomorrow morning, then Christmas Eve service tomorrow night after which we will settle quietly in our little home and watch our Christmas Eve movie "It's a Wonderful Life" in waiting for midnight. This is where we have incorporated the bit of Guatemala, we wait till midnight and in honor of the Guatemalan tradition of opening gifts then, we exchange one gift. Then we go to bed and eagerly wait for morning. First is our stockings and then we do gifts. After that we will go off to Dad and Mom L's for a late brunch.
In being away I really feel as though I have missed so much of the festivity but even if this may be a "lighter" Christmas in the sense of decorations and building up the anticipation for it but we will still try to make it memorable for Elena on the day of and we always have next year to do better!
In being away I really feel as though I have missed so much of the festivity but even if this may be a "lighter" Christmas in the sense of decorations and building up the anticipation for it but we will still try to make it memorable for Elena on the day of and we always have next year to do better!
2 comments:
Well, enjoy yourselves! It's getting closer & closer to the day in which you will finally spend your Christmas with Andrea.....the moment you all have been looking forward to! I'm SOOOO happy for you all! I love the Christmas season. It's a time to reflect on God's gift to the world....His Son Jesus Christ, and the awesome family and friendship time along with it! :-) Again, enjoy yourselves! ¡Feliz Navidad!
Sounds like a great Christmas! I'm sure Elena will be thrilled with all that you have managed to fit into the season--including an out-of-the-country trip!!
Post a Comment