


On another note, this really hit home. Especially because we find ourselves in little arguments that play out a little like this (names have been avoided to protect the individuals... ha,ha,ha) :
Parent: "Sweetie, lay down here on the couch, I am going to change your diaper."
child: "No, on the floor"
Parent: "I said on the couch"
child: "Houd on, I have to lay on the floor"
...and so it starts. Now, it is not a matter of where the diaper gets changed, in the end, that is really not important. But it is a matter of controlling and my sweet little child is trying to have control over the situation... "yes, I will obey, but under my own terms". But when I am closing in to second guessing myself, something like this post comes along to remind me that it is all about Him, and only Him. In the end, He has equipped us to be our daughters´parents and we have to believe that He has imparted the wisdom and grace required for such task.
Now on a more lighter note, I couldn´t go on without a couple more pictures of the artistic skills of my household...
My amazing husband materialized the idea I presented to him for our Thanksgiving table center pieces. Aren´t they cool? Of course, I forgot to take pictures of our dressed up tables and I forgot to light them when we sat at the table, but it did look pretty!

At the beginning of the month, we went to a family party and I walked away the winner of the flower arrangement that decorated our table. I set it on our kitchen counter only to find a few moments later, that a little girl had taken it apart to re-arrange it in her own style in the glass I was drinking water from. Didn´t she do a good job, though?

2 comments:
Darlene's post is so encouraging. Thanks. It is sooo easy to second guess the decisions I make on behalf of my kids. And they can tell when I'm weak, unfortunately!
Hi Keila,
The girls look really cute...and stylish too! I thought of you and your visit today. Let me know when you have a minute?
Post a Comment