It was bound to happen some day and in a little over a week, my two worlds will begin to mix. I must say it has got me both excited and nervous at the same time. Excited because finally some people here will get to see where I came from and get a glimpse of this other side of me. They will see where I lived, grew up, worked, attended church, they will see what I used to call home. Nervous because there is the slight possibility that they wouldn't like what they see.
My hubby says that I do "turn into another person" when I begin relating in Spanish to all my Guatemalan family and friends. He loves it and so far he was the only one who'd get to see this "transformation". My girlies are exposed to it but are still to little to understand it. So, my pearls will be out in the open for these friends to see.
Very, very interesting and I will comment more on this as thoughts come to mind...
My hubby says that I do "turn into another person" when I begin relating in Spanish to all my Guatemalan family and friends. He loves it and so far he was the only one who'd get to see this "transformation". My girlies are exposed to it but are still to little to understand it. So, my pearls will be out in the open for these friends to see.
Very, very interesting and I will comment more on this as thoughts come to mind...
4 comments:
I may self wish that I could go with you .but not this time....Sona is really excited about going ....on a different note: I am so greatful for you and your heritage.....and you are a wonderful women of Christ thank you for being you.
Wish I could go and see your pearls. I really like the ones I see here.
Love you
What they see will only give depth and perspective to the beauty they see already. I'm a bit envious, I admit! Ken says it's our turn next time! Love you.
I wish I could see the chemistry of you all. It will be a wonderful time I'm sure!
Post a Comment