Monday, February 25, 2008

Empty wall

Today was "kitchen day" so to speak. I began cleaning the kitchen and the floor alone takes me so long that it always takes a bit longer than I´d hope. Especially if you add the dusting and cleaning accumulated for a few weeks. Well, it is still far from perfect but one thing remains, my empty wall. For the longest time I've wanted to put a nice picture on this wall and can't find one. I saw the perfect one in the market in Guatemala, but couldn't bring myself to even ask the price... I don't know why buying such things myself is always so hard for me. Come to think of it, all the pictures displayed in my home (I totally love each and every one) have been gifts. Why can't I buy something pretty for my home? The picture I saw in Guatemala was actually a painting of a marketplace scene seen from above, it was colorful and perfect in theme for a kitchen... oh well, maybe some day I'll let myself justify such expense.

2 comments:

Maureen said...

I have the same problem! The truth is, though, that making our house homey doesn't just bless us, but our whole family and the people who visit...so it's not a selfish expense, in the end.

Jenn said...

I just looked around my house.... and I don't think i have ever bought a picture that i liked......wait...i have one in my living room....but still there are many things that i would love to have to decorate and don't...i guess i am telling you all this because i can relate