Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Ramblings

These past couple weeks my life is pretty much summarized by "lump in the couch". There...

At times I've felt like the house is about to come apart.

I can't believe how much we need to eat! Meal times find me quicker than I am willing to cook or eat. Can't we just eat like bananas for every meal?

Oh, yeah. And when I do eat, please don't move me or shake me, just let me sit still until digestion has happened.

I feel so lazy, so sick. Feeling bad for little girls who end up watching way too much TV, but, as Ben says, at least we are together.

I'm beginning to forget what real plates and meals look like. Our best china at the time is made of paper.

Of course, I am complaining just because I can. I shouldn't, really. I have a wonderful husband who doesn't mind the mess and happily eats whatever I managed to make or makes do when I don't get around to cooking. And he takes the girls outside on adventures when he's home in the afternoons.

I've done some mindless reading just to keep distracted, that I have enjoyed.

I have great friends and family who have made themselves available to do anything for me. Eager ears and hearts to listen to me, play time for my girls, encouragement through the season... I haven't really lacked anything.

I am grateful, though... feeling the way I feel reminds me that the little life inside is growing healthily. I can take a few more days like these just for that knowledge.

No comments: