Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mothers Weekend!

Mothers Day in Guatemala is celebrated on May 10th always. So with Mothers Day this year being on the 11th I actually enjoyed a Mothers Weekend more than a Day.

My wonderful husband made sure the weekend was a blessing in full.

He gave me a little basket full of gifts on Saturday. He was thoughtful and sweet and made sure I had at least one little gift from each of our babies, including the one in heaven. Yes, you can imagine I was a basket-case. My gifts ranged from books to very dark chocolate bars, a new water bottle and assorted cold tea drinks. The girls wrote in a card for me as well but they had more fun helping me open the packages.

The afternoon followed with a family gathering to celebrate Dad L's birthday. We had our out-of-town Levenduskys join us for the occasion and all the cousins had great fun playing together! The food was awesome too.

Sunday met me with a wonderful french toast breakfast made by my sweet man, even though he had to preach and "run the show" at church for the weekend! After church we came home for naps and then my evening was yet to start. They took me out for dinner at Macaroni Grill... simply fabulous! Since little girls can only be distracted for so long at a restaurant, dessert followed by driving through a Starbucks.

After baths, some laughing time with Daddy and bedtime, Ben and I finished the evening with a movie of my choosing.

I constantly need to remind myself of how blessed I am to have a husband who doesn't just get special days out of the way. He doesn't buy me gifts out of obligation... He truly makes every effort to bless me and make me feel special, especially on days like these. What else can a girl wish for? I am spoiled rotten!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what an incredible weekend!! i'm glad to hear you were so blessed ... love you!

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!!! glad you had a blessed day!!
Love
Sue