What an adventure pregnancy is! Just as I am nearing the 12th week I am certainly feeling much better. I'm not as sick and food doesn't seem as repulsive as it did just last week. As if I needed any more confirmation about this little person growing inside of me, I do find it amusing to have so many quirks to deal with from hereon:
*I am exhausted half the time and the other half I'm just plain tired. Although I can't complain about not sleeping well because at least these past couple nights I've slept pretty well, I still wake up feeling like I didn't sleep enough and can hardly wait for nap time.
*I don't think I'll ever understand why prenatal vitamins are so huge! Don't they realize that pregnant women (me, more than anyone else!) tend to have an over sensitive gag reflex? Why do they intend for us to swallow such large pills?
*Another thing that strikes me about pregnancy is the mood swings. I can be bawling my eyes out one minute after just having read some silly magazine article. Fast forward a couple minutes and I am about ready to throw the phone against the wall because I can't call Guatemala! I mean, really... I feel these surges of emotion that I never thought possible in me.
*I can't possibly tolerate Paula Abdul! I don't know the woman, she never did anything to me, yet I can't stand her! So we watch American Idol after-the-fact so I can ask Ben to fast forward any time she has to speak.
*My friends have been looking at me funny when they realize that I will put pineapple in my salad when available. I soak the salad with balsamic vinagrette and generously sprinkle it with salt... what can I say!
*I can't stand water unless it has some kind of flavor to it. Hence my water pitcher in the fridge with lemon slices to encourage me to drink some water through the day.
Those are just a few of the quirks I find myself fighting during this season. Some of them are funny, some of them not so funny and I do have to keep myself in constant check to make sure I don't hurt feelings or find just about any reason to be offended or angry at something or someone. Very interesting, I think.
*I am exhausted half the time and the other half I'm just plain tired. Although I can't complain about not sleeping well because at least these past couple nights I've slept pretty well, I still wake up feeling like I didn't sleep enough and can hardly wait for nap time.
*I don't think I'll ever understand why prenatal vitamins are so huge! Don't they realize that pregnant women (me, more than anyone else!) tend to have an over sensitive gag reflex? Why do they intend for us to swallow such large pills?
*Another thing that strikes me about pregnancy is the mood swings. I can be bawling my eyes out one minute after just having read some silly magazine article. Fast forward a couple minutes and I am about ready to throw the phone against the wall because I can't call Guatemala! I mean, really... I feel these surges of emotion that I never thought possible in me.
*I can't possibly tolerate Paula Abdul! I don't know the woman, she never did anything to me, yet I can't stand her! So we watch American Idol after-the-fact so I can ask Ben to fast forward any time she has to speak.
*My friends have been looking at me funny when they realize that I will put pineapple in my salad when available. I soak the salad with balsamic vinagrette and generously sprinkle it with salt... what can I say!
*I can't stand water unless it has some kind of flavor to it. Hence my water pitcher in the fridge with lemon slices to encourage me to drink some water through the day.
Those are just a few of the quirks I find myself fighting during this season. Some of them are funny, some of them not so funny and I do have to keep myself in constant check to make sure I don't hurt feelings or find just about any reason to be offended or angry at something or someone. Very interesting, I think.
4 comments:
There is a little bit of psycho lady in all of us. Dee would attest to that as well, I think....
:>)
And Paula Abdul!??!! That is hilarious!
ok - weird, but I'm TOTALLY with you on the paula abdul thing! i really can't stand her ... but instead of you fast-forwarding, i sit there just shocked that someone like her gets paid to sit there and say the stuff she does... holy cow!
Oh Keila I know! I think it is wise to tell ourselves to be silent about 50% of the time ;). Those emotion rushes...wow! Sometimes I surprise myself! (Hmmm. Who is this lady?) I struggle when I hear Paula speak too, but if her more encouraging comments weren't there, I'd hate to see the mindset of the contestants! I've missed your blogging! Glad you wrote.
Hi Keila, I had a hard time swallowing my prenatals for Jayme.. I even used to chop them up to make swallowing a little easier.. I eventually went to the Docs and asked them if they had chewables and to my relief and my doctors dismay (my doctor thought i was too old to not be able to swallow pills) they did.. so I totally understand what your saying about the pills.. Love you!! Kristi
Post a Comment