There is one time a year when I make it a point (and actually enjoy) lying to my husband! Now, hold on... don't raise your eyebrows at me yet, let me explain. It is around his birthday (actually, I also do it around Christmas time). You know, I'm not really lying through my teeth I just present a modified version of the truth to not give away a surprise. Does this fall into the category of sin? he,he,he... My sweetheart will be turning 30 this year on Wednesday to be more accurate and so, this is the time of year when I delight in making up all sorts of stories and situations to make him do what needs to be done in order to be surprised. Last Tuesday I made him drive to a "mysterious location" where I had arranged for him and two other friends to get an induction lesson on Curling. He got so interested in the sport during the Olympics that I thought it would be the best opportunity for my unsuspecting husband to be surprised and I was right. He thought of every possible thing he could think of but curling never crossed his mind. And so, I make it harder on myself every year trying to outdo the previous year and as he gets to know my little "tricks" I have to devise new ways to really surprise him, but it is a very welcome challenge. There is nothing like the look on his face when he is surprised! Stay tuned for more "twisted truths" this week, I'll tell you all about it as soon as I am free to do it without revealing more than I should!
****************
Una vez al año me doy a la tarea de mentirle a mi esposo (y disfruto cada minuto). Pero antes de que me juzguen, déjenme explicarles. Siempre es alrededor de su cumpleaños (y a veces también por Navidad). No es que esté mintiéndole sin ton ni son, solamente le presento una versión modificada de la verdad para no echar a perder una sorpresa. ¿Cae esto dentro de la categoría de pecado? je,je,je... Mi querido esposo estará cumpliendo 30 años el miércoles y es esta la época del año en que me deleito en inventar todo tipo de historias y situaciones que lo hagan hacer lo que sea necesario para recibir una sorpresa. El martes, por ejemplo, lo hice manejar a un "destino misterioso" donde ya había hecho los arreglos necesarios para que él y dos amigos más recibieran una lección de inducción de Curling. Ben se interesó mucho en ese deporte durante las Olimpiadas de invierno y a mí me pareció (acertadamente) la oportunidad perfecta para sorprenderlo. Pensó en cualquier cantidad de posibilidades, pero curling jamás le pasó por la mente. Y es asi como cada año me la pongo más difícil porque me tengo que ingeniar cosas que superen el año anterior y conforme él conoce mis "truquitos" tengo que inventarme nuevas formas de sorprenderlo pero siempre es un desafío muy bien recibido. ¡No hay nada mejor que ver su rostro cuando recibe su sorpresa! Sigan en sintonía para más "verdades retorcidas" esta semana, les contaré cada detalle tan pronto pueda sin arriesgarme a echar a perder la sorpresa.
2 comments:
See, but as soon as Ben finds out his present, he forgets about the lie...sorry... the "twisted truth"! hehehehe... Love you Flaquita!!
Justified lies I tell you! I believe in justified lies! Christmas always seems to be the biggest holiday in which these sorts of questionable incidents occur! My Mother, especially, is a person who is like a little kid during the holidays! "So, Rebekah... what did you get me while you were out with Daddy? Anything good?" These types of comments drive me insane! So, then I go to my father for advice on how to explain it to her- WITHOUT LYING to her! Believe me, there is always some type of way to get around the situation! By the way Keila, I like your cool curling idea for Ben!
Post a Comment