- Kept reminding myself of a specific date to remember a birthday... the day came and went and I never realized what date it was! So technically, I forgot the birthday!
- Kept telling myself to send a card to a young mother from church that I hadn't seen since before Adriana was born. I wanted to send a note of encouragement to let her know she was in my heart. Sure enough, I stumbled upon her in town!
- Going over all my "decorative" stuff that was put away while I had room to display it I found a wedding gift I was supposed to have sent a year ago!!!
- I still have sitting in my room some souvenirs I brought from Guatemala in January, I haven't mailed them...
- I can't figure out how to make the sewing machine work and now I have all the unfinished nursing blankets I started. These were intended as gifts and some for myself.
Instead of being on top of things I sometimes think things are on top of me! Is it possible to forget something else?
On another note, I am excited to know that very dear friends of ours are expecting their second baby!
4 comments:
Keila,
Remember the term "Mommy head" I throw around? Don't be hard on yourself. You ARE doing something very important, and it does take a lot of us. Although, I feel like I have been in this state for a while :) I sigh every day I look at my scrapbooking pile. *Sigh* I also, thankfully, have some very forgiving and understanding family members who laugh with me when one of us miss a card or phone call on a birthday. Other "Mommy-heads" have deep understanding for this phase of life ;) I think the Lord does too. My wall calendar has become my saving grace. If I don't write it down...uh oh! I hate the times I think I'll remember, and just write down a time on a calendar block. Imagine this scrambling mind! "What is that?!?"
Btw, has Angie had her baby?
If it makes you feel any better, I found a whole stack of un-mailed thank-yous from gifts/meals for Jackson and me after his birth when I was re-organizing in July... only six months after they were written!!!! :)
It can definitely be overwhelming. I still am waking up in the middle of the night remembering all my unfinished jobs/projects. The list has been ongoing for 20+ years now! Not to be discouraging, but thinking we will have everything finished and tied with a bow is an elusive butterfly (excuse my very American "phraseology", as Mayor Shinn - from Music Man - would say!)
Still, we have to keep trying, don't we! Things will get done eventually. Just stay focused on the truly important and peace will be yours. You are a wonderful example of that very thing!
¡Ja, ja, ja, ja! ¡Ay, pobrecita! Likewise over here in Haddon Heights! We just had a yardsale on September 30th! Boy do I hate yardsales; especially if we are the ones running them!! One day I told my parents, 'I "truly believe" that I may be losing my mind, lately!' My Dad said, "Oh, don't do THAT!" Then I asked, "why?" He then said, "because you may be the only person in this house WITH A MIND this weekend!" Ha, ha, ha, ha! (At least they have the guts to admit their.... ahem-- "lack of sanity!"
Post a Comment