Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Catching up again

Well, I can´t tell when last week finished and this one started for we continue having a full schedule and something planned for every single day. Even if it is only one activity, our days are busy further than my mind can keep track! Let´s see what I can share, that is, what I can remember!
This whole weekend with Ben gone to the conference and all the bumps I found attempting to accomplish a peaceful bedtime routine with the girls left me with more than mere tiredness. I have been reminded afresh that as I release my husband to be filled of the Lord and stay in the homefront, it´s not just about making sure things get done, but it is also about fighting the good battle to foster a good environment for him to get back to. Instead of lamenting how he got to go and I got to stay I need to strive to keep my fire burning so that when he comes back I´m ready to take all the new things he brings and run with them. We are one, so as he is filled so am I. I fought my battle as the enemy tried to distract me from the things that really matter.
On another note, I got to meet my prospective sister-in-law! It´s another one of those long stories that I just don´t have time to share but, here it goes in a nutshell: Josue went to Colombia with CRM last year and met there a young girl from Connecticut who was serving temporarily as a missionary at an orphanage. God spoke to several people about the matter but it was His leading to let things rest for a year. Now, a year later, as the opportunity to pursue a relationship arose, he was sent back to Guatemala as his visa status was no longer satisfactory to the immigration authorities. At present, he is in Guatemala trying to figure out the next step which involves applying for another type of visa. There were plans for them to meet here in our end of the woods this week, as CRM had a scheduled visit to this area but with Josue unable to come into the US yet she is actually going down to Guatemala. She came on Saturday and spent a couple nights with us. She´ll be traveling down to Gatemala on Friday for more extensive and final "talks" but it is pretty certain that they think of getting married next summer. Can you believe that? My little brothers ARE men now!!! When and how did it happen?

3 comments:

Andrea said...

What exciting news about Josue! I had no idea! I hope we can catch up again soon ... via phone or something.

Love you!

Mel said...

In-laws are fun, but it'll be awhile 'til I get a girl one! I'm happy for you.
I miss you a lot! You are in my prayers!

Anonymous said...

¿Sabes qué? ¡Saqué "95" en mi clase de español! I thought you would like to know about that great news!!!! Ruth Crane came to visit New Covenant Community Church to speak to our youth regarding a trip we will be planning for this summer to México! She was a student @ Elim Bible Institute~ then, she bacame a staff member there. I believe she was a RA worker. I'm not sure if you heard about her.... I'm sure you may have at one point or another. She is a full-time missionary. Her work is based in Morelia, Michoacan, México. Her home in the United States is in Buffalo, New York.