Monday, November 27, 2006

Three years ago!


Three years ago this past Saturday we celebrated the first of our three wedding ceremonies. I can't believe it has already been three years (and two babies!) from that day. This particular wedding wasn't even really planned. The original idea was that in compliance with the immigration laws that required me to get married here in the US we were only going to have a very intimate family thing, maybe over Thanksgiving and "sign the papers" with Pastor Jim. But considering how many people wouldn't get a chance to go to Guatemala somebody came up with the idea of doing it on Sunday morning during church. So many people stepped in to decorate, spread the word, and have refreshments ready. I have Mom L. to thank for the beautiful roses she surprised me with that morning! But when all was said and done that Sunday afternoon... Were we or weren't we married? We certainly were! Well then what about the Guatemalan wedding? Now, I'm not complaining, it all turned out great and I have three wedding ceremonies to remember. However, those were confusing times and I am so glad to be "on this side of the altar"!

On another quick note, Kris and Becky welcomed today at 5 a.m. a little girl! Her name is "Cailen Grace" and she weighed 8.1 lbs. and is 20" long! Congratulations to our dear friends! Both Mom and baby are doing well and Cailen came just one day before her Mommy's birthday! Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Well, my two cents would be...according to that night after your Sunday surprise wedding, you weren't 100% married! I don't think I slept one wink that night!!! It still makes me laugh just thinking about the three of us on that black futon and myself squished in the middle. How funny!

Anonymous said...

How funny it is to read this blog! It seems as though you are not the only ones who have had more than one wedding or so! :-) My former youth group leader is from Barrancabermeja, Colombia. She met her husband at Elim Bible Institute.(By the way, you already have heard this story before). They got married in 2003, I believe. They too had more than one wedding! (Three to be exact). One at City Hall in New York, I think one in Brooklyn Tabernacle (their church they had regularly attended for quite some time....but, not any longer). And of course on a beach located in Cartagena, Colombia. I was fortunate enough to see their pictures. They are beautiful! There was also some confusion along with questions as they decided to pull these multiple weddings together! I guess they did this for reasons quite similar to yours, I'm sure! In some way, I guess it's common to find this in interracial relationships. You know, if one family lives in the U.S. & the other in some other distant land.

Cassandra said...

Three years?! Wow, time flies. Happy anniversary. Love you guys.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary, Keila! :0)

Darlene Sinclair said...

What special days those were, evidence of His providential care! Thanks for the reminder of such a wonderful time!