It only takes a few little moments for the funniest and cutest things to happen with babies. Sometimes I don´t even want to wink in the fear of missing something they´ll do.
Yesterday Adriana was in the swing while I did dishes and Elena was coming in and out in her little world of play. I have learned to constantly turn to check on them because Elena loves to play with her little sister but doesn´t understand yet that her little sister can´t do all the things she wants her to. Sure enough, I turned around and catch Elena holding a water bottle to Adriana´s mouth.
Me: Elena, what are you doing?
E: Mami, Aana agua! ...ok Aana? OK!
So I explained that Adriana can´t drink water from the bottle yet, but thank you for sharing with her. A few more minutes and I turn again...
Me: Elena, what are you doing sweetie?
E: Mami, Aana cookie!!! (as she holds a cookie to Adriana´s mouth) mmmmm Aana cookie!!
And so my day goes...
As for Adriana, she is quite an intense baby. There is no middle ground for her, it is black or white. She´ll be happy and laughing one minute and, literally, screaming off the top of her lungs the next! This morning, Ben sat in the rocker with Elena, reading her a book. I was sitting on the bed with Adriana nursing. She was nursing very restlessly and I couldn´t understand why. I thought she may have gas and I turned her over my arm to help her release it. To my surprise, all she wanted was to look at her daddy and sister and be a part of their time together, for she was content just looking at them and addressing her own little "conversation" to them as well. How amazing that they have such unique personalities that can be appreciated at such a young age!
I love my two girls!
2 comments:
OH DEAR! It sounds like they are at such cute ages. I can't wait to see them at Christmas-time.
As you have probably already noticed, some of my comments have been revolving around absolutely NADA to your blog topics! Hahahaha! HMMMM?! I feel as though it is better for me to stay in touch w/ you w/o overflowing your mailbox quota with such annoying little mensajes from "this chick" you don't even know what "her" "poor face" looks like! Hahahaha! :-D I just didn't wanna overwhelm you even more as you already may be! ¡Besos!
Post a Comment