Friday, September 26, 2008

Tidbits of everything

:: I am very happy to report that Elena's medicine is going down without much of a battle after all. I owe it mostly to my amazing husband, but in the end, she got the whole little chart down and eventhough it still takes her a few minutes to finish it, she is very excited to go draw her happy face on her chart. At the end of the day, she (and her sister) get however many skittles match the happy faces on the chart. So even when the first day a headlock was called for and so much medicine was wasted, since the second dose it has been going down much easier! thank you Lord!

:: Usually I forget how raw this season of pregnancy can be. It is so ridiculous that I have to struggle so much with my hormone loaded flesh and I end up frustrated at being so unsuccessful at the end of the day. I am very short of patience with the girls. I find myself annoyed at the most ridiculous and pathetic things and I'm just getting so tired of it. Sometimes I think the more I sleep the happier humanity will be... but I do know that is very unrealistic and it just ignores a problem. I have to remind myself that this is a circumstance that only raises an awareness of things I need to bring to the cross. I have to learn to submit my will, my flesh and my all to Him. I need to let myself die and Him grow in me. And I ultimately get so discouraged by finding that more often than not I have to repent for the failure instead of celebrating the victory. One day at a time... right?

:: Speaking of hormone loaded behaviors, the nesting instinct keeps hitting hard. My sweet husband has tried to please me as much as our strength will allow since our finances aren't allowing for much right now. Since we first moved to the apartment upstairs the kitchen-hallway linoleum has always made this "sticky" noise. We have attributed the noise to the age of the linoleum, assuming that probably it had become unglued in areas large enough to create an air pocket that led to the noise. That kitchen hadn't been a priority and we've often discussed the several ideas we have for it, but no final decisions have been made, mostly because of finances. This week, however, in an attempt to appease the monster (in me) and not break our finances Ben proposed a happy medium: the counters and linoleum need to be taken out sooner or later, so let's just get to it. He began yesterday and all that old linoleum began to come off. We thought that, if nothing else, we'd at least get rid of the sticky noise. Guess what? It wasn't the linoleum what has made the noise all along... it is the actual boards that the linoleum was glued to! So now we have no linoleum and still the sticky noise! Oh well, at least it looks now like an ongoing project!

2 comments:

Maureen said...

Give yourself much grace during these last few weeks, Keila. In my opinion it is the hardest stretch. I, for one, can't imagine you have a cranky bone in your body!!! And I relate to the happy feeling of starting a project and feeling like things are getting done. Love you guys-

Anonymous said...

Oh Keila, I love you! Your honesty, your heart to remain in a good place. I wish I had some perfect wisdom or even money to help you guys get your place just right. Sadly, I still find myself there with my own interfering flesh, but how much deeper our understanding of His mercy and grace gets. There is no fast way to get there except our need of Him and His touch. Keep your eyes up. I pray for you a lot. I think of you so much.