My little one is eight months today. How fast time is going! It is funny how months and years seem to fly by and sometimes hours and days feel so long! Yet whether they feel quick or slow, there´s just no stopping them.
Yesterday, we were ready for church and it was still too early to leave (amazing, don´t ask how we managed that, I don´t know myself!), so we decided to linger around in our TV room letting the minutes go by. I sat in front of the computer, Ben turned on the Playstation 2. Between us, on the floor, where two little girls playing. Elena was on her little car that she "rides" around the house, Adriana standing in front of her holding on to the car. In that "zoned-out-but-still-tuned-in" mode that we seem to get into at times I heard Elena say something that sounded like "Walk, Aaana, walk", a quick glance to my right to see what it is all about and lo and behold, Adriana took three steps on her own! For her sister, nonetheless! They kept on playing as if nothing had happened as Ben and I stood still unable to respond. We knew she was close to letting herself go, but we still didn´t expect it yet.
************************
Mi bebita cumple ocho meses hoy. ¡Qué rápido se está pasando el tiempo! ¡Es curioso ver cómo los meses y los años parecen volar mientras que las horas y los días a veces parecen eternos! Pero vayan lento o rápido, lo cierto es que no hay forma de detenerlos.
Ayer, estábamos listos para irnos a la iglesia y era muy temprano para irnos (no me pregunten cómo, yo misma no sé cómo logramos tal hazaña), asi que decidimos quedarnos en la sala de la tele y dejar pasar el tiempo. Yo me senté frente a la computadora y Ben encendió su Playstation 2. En medio de los dos, en el suelo, dos niñitas jugaban. Elena estaba montada en el carrito en que "pasea" por toda la casa, Adriana estaba parada frente a ella, agarrándose del carrito. En ese limbo en que a ratos parecemos estar en que no estamos poniendo atención pero todavía estamos conectados, oí a Elena decir algo así como "Walk, Ana, walk" (instándola a caminar), di un vistazo rápido para ver qué estaba pasando y para mi gran sopresa, ¡Adriana dio tres pasos sola! ¡Y para su hermana! Ellas siguieron jugando como si nada hubiera pasado mientras que Ben y yo estabamos mudos de asombro. Sabíamos que pronto se iba a dejar ir, es sólo que no lo esperábamos tan pronto.
3 comments:
Has it already been 8 months?!
I so love coming here and having a window into your lives - for things like getting to know when Adriana takes her first steps! Just precious. :)
We are blessed, aren't we?
Psalm 127:3 (The Message)
3-5 Don't you see that children are God's best gift?
the fruit of the womb his generous legacy?
Like a warrior's fistful of arrows
are the children of a vigorous youth.
Oh, how blessed are you parents,
with your quivers full of children!
Your enemies don't stand a chance against you;
you'll sweep them right off your doorstep.
♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦
Just thought I would throw that out there! It sure is an AWESOME scripture verse to keep in our hearts! ☺ My family and I just recently visited my aunt & uncle to celebrate their grandson, Ryan ( who they call "Ry Ry" for short~ I personally do not favor that nickname! ☺) with a small, I mean, VERY SMALL PARTY who just turned three at the end of this past March. Those little ones sure do grow up quickly, I agree with you on that one, Keila! I always arrive to church early since my father is one of the elders. I always feel like a "fly on the wall" you know, just strolling through the building waiting for Sunday School to start. Sunday School starts at 9:15. My father & I get there at around 9:00 or earlier; it all depends. ☺
Post a Comment