Tuesday, March 13, 2007

In more ways than one

There's no place like home! It is good to "be home" and it was great to "have been home" over the weekend. It sure was a long weekend of travel that rendered my little girls way too tired but that allowed this Mami for a wonderful time of "retreat and recharge". I have been reminded afresh why it is that we do what we do and that it does work for the glory of the Lord even when the daily grind clouds my vision and I can't see it all so clearly. God does have a reason to let us face the challenges we face and we are indeed fulfilling a kingdom purpose. Ben, in turn, had a different kind of retreat where he was also reminded of important things. Once again we see the blending of our individualities into the wholeness of our union and realize that in God's speaking to both at our different "levels of management", He gave us each a piece of puzzle that we now can make into a whole. There is fresh anointing, new details to tweak our vision and new tasks to accomplish our mission. All that from a weekend away... Isn't God great?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So I take it you were in Guatemala, correct? I'm glad to read of your much-needed replenishment! :-) And I certainly agree with that God knows what he is doing. Just like that song in the motion picture "Joseph, King of Dreams" You Know Better Than I. The Lord is certainly teaching us that in my family's uncertainty with where we are going to live, or how we are going to sell that house of ours! We must remember that He is in control!