In my journey as a mom there have been times in which I've seen one of my daughters work herself into a frenzy after one of their requests has been denied. I can't tell you how much I wish I could get into their little minds and show them that I don't mean to torture them but I just love them so much, I know it is best for them not to get that thing just yet. Maybe I have already bought them that thing they're asking for and it's just not the time to get it yet. Maybe it's just that it'll be more hurtful than beneficial for them to get this one thing. Whatever the reason, I know they are too caught up in their emotions to understand my decision right now. I know that I love them deeply and I really, truly want the best for them and I can only wait until they are able to calm down so I can hold them, love on them and help them grow in understanding and obedience.
How could I doubt my Father? How could I doubt His love? How could I doubt His intentions for me? I am but a hopeless sinner with imperfect love, and I still act out of love upon my daughters' lives... How greater is His love than mine? I just can´t work myself into a frenzy and not try to listen and understand that He does know what is best for me and that I can rest in His perfect plans.
"Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!
Matthew 7:9
Matthew 7:9
How could I doubt my Father? How could I doubt His love? How could I doubt His intentions for me? I am but a hopeless sinner with imperfect love, and I still act out of love upon my daughters' lives... How greater is His love than mine? I just can´t work myself into a frenzy and not try to listen and understand that He does know what is best for me and that I can rest in His perfect plans.
Let me count the ways I have seen His love during these times:
* Not only do I have a God who saved me, but He also takes care of me and constantly reminds me of His love. He didn't have to save me, to begin with, yet He takes the time to listen to the desires of my heart and lovingly carries me through this journey.
*My wonderful husband has held me, served me and cried with me as we go through this loss. Two cherished and precious little girls adorn my life with their presence and brighten my days with their love.
*We had him and her to hold our hands as we walked through the hardest stages as this process began. We were encouraged as we prayed and wept together, and as we knew what to expect and when.
*Thanks to her we had that cranberry bread that was on my list for Friday, we had a cozy Christmasy home to welcome us on Monday and we had a wonderful dinner last night.
*These two amazing ladies were the hands that actually made our home cozy and welcoming on Monday. It was so refreshing to come home and instantly have the to-do list scratched off to be able sit back, relax, process and grieve in a quiet, orderly, warm and loving atmosphere. Plus a third lady that I can not link you to as she is still absent from the cyber world (at least to my knowledge), a turkey dinner was ready to heat up and eat. We were also able to decorate our tree (finally) and still have cookies and pie as we did because of them.
*Thanks to her I had cookies to bring to our exchange last night as she packed up her little ones, left the comfort of her home and took the about-an-hour-thanks-to-the-weather-drive to keep me company and help me bake.
*Thank you, thank you, thank you each and every one of you who have lifted us up in prayer and have left your comments to our corresponding blogs, or have called us on the phone. You have no idea how much it has all meant to us! You have been instrumental in God's showing us His love!
3 comments:
God is so good!! All the time.. even when the times are not so great.. rest in His peace. What a blessing you had with those that love you so. Praying for you!!
By the way, those crescent shaped cookies, with the name I cannot pronounce, are YUMMY!....if you can, I would love the recipe.....also....
You are in our prayers today....love, corrie
Hi Keila, We are thnking and praying for you guys.. Love you lots!!!
Post a Comment