Our baby # 3 was "made for Heaven". He was God's breath of life in my womb for just as many days as God would have him be and now he's gone back home.
When I was pregnant with Elena, we quickly began the name searching process. We didn't know what we were having, so we were looking for both a boy's and a girl's name. The girl's name came very easily, the boy's name took a little longer.
When I got pregnant with Adriana, the process took place again. Once more, we didn't know what we were having and the girl's name came rather quickly. The boy's name... we were still negotiating it as I was in labor and we were getting ready for the hospital!
Upon finding out I was pregnant this time, we immediately began our search. This time around, the boy's name came quickly and we never really settled with a girl's name.
Today, we have said good by to our little "Caleb Josué". He brought us joy and helped us grow as our faith was challenged. We believed for him even when the circumstances were yelling us not to and we are richer for that. My heart is broken, but I find comfort in the knowledge of the sovereignty of our Father. I have no doubt of His love, therefore I have no doubt there is purpose in this even when we don't understand it.
We didn't have an "unanswered" prayer, He simply knows something we don't know and His answers are based on such unsurmountable knowledge. We're focusing on the donation and not on the duration of this tiny little life and we are so grateful for it.
Thank you all for your support and all your prayers, they have truly carried us through. Please continue to carry us in prayer as we now find the grace to mourn and the strength to carry on.
P.S. In our grieving process and in trying to find closure to something that is so hard to fathom, we decided to give him a name. We stuck to our boy's name in keeping with the pattern that, we believe, may have been God's "hinting" to us the gender of our babies all along. We're not trying to be weird, we're just trying to mourn and heal, so please bear with us...
Upon finding out I was pregnant this time, we immediately began our search. This time around, the boy's name came quickly and we never really settled with a girl's name.
Today, we have said good by to our little "Caleb Josué". He brought us joy and helped us grow as our faith was challenged. We believed for him even when the circumstances were yelling us not to and we are richer for that. My heart is broken, but I find comfort in the knowledge of the sovereignty of our Father. I have no doubt of His love, therefore I have no doubt there is purpose in this even when we don't understand it.
We didn't have an "unanswered" prayer, He simply knows something we don't know and His answers are based on such unsurmountable knowledge. We're focusing on the donation and not on the duration of this tiny little life and we are so grateful for it.
Thank you all for your support and all your prayers, they have truly carried us through. Please continue to carry us in prayer as we now find the grace to mourn and the strength to carry on.
P.S. In our grieving process and in trying to find closure to something that is so hard to fathom, we decided to give him a name. We stuck to our boy's name in keeping with the pattern that, we believe, may have been God's "hinting" to us the gender of our babies all along. We're not trying to be weird, we're just trying to mourn and heal, so please bear with us...
6 comments:
Oh Keila, I weep with you...I am praying.....love, corrie
Psalm 126:5-6
5 Those who sow in tears
will reap with songs of joy.
6 He who goes out weeping,
carrying seed to sow,
will return with songs of joy,
carrying sheaves with him.
i love you guys so much ... praying for you during this season. i was going to call tonight but it was too late by the time i found out.
i love you and i mourn with you guys.
During this time of lose my heart and my prayers are with you and your family.....and the name of child is beautiful..... Love you all
Loving you & praying with you for Comfort and Peace.
I am so sorry .. thinking of you and praying too.. Love you all
Oh Keila, I'm so very sorry for you and your family.
My heart aches for your loss as I remember, all too well, the pain of such sadness.
I remember last summer Brietta's words that still ring in my ear... "God is STILL good." You're faith is so strong and your such a testimony.
You guys are loved.
Post a Comment